2016 Z71 driver’s seat squeak

Hi all,

my 2016 Z71 Silverado has developed a seat squeak around shoulder height in the Driver’s seat. It happens whenever I shift my weight in the seat. Sounds like a creaky spring to be honest.

seats are cloth type, heated. Drivers seat is electric adjustment. 

Any body else have this problem?

• 3 months later...

I had this and I just unzipped the cloth covers, adjusted the foam and it disappeared.

however, I do have a metal creaking noise coming from the bottom of the seat back on the right side of the seat.

going to give it a once over this weekend 

1 hour ago, Jonty711 said:

I had this and I just unzipped the cloth covers, adjusted the foam and it disappeared.

however, I do have a metal creaking noise coming from the bottom of the seat back on the right side of the seat.

going to give it a once over this weekend 

I had the same metal creaking noise but it didn't end up being metal. Got behind the seat and started pulling on it to identify the sources. Ended up wiggling all the wires, a/c vent, and connectors until it stopped.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherDB said:

I had the same metal creaking noise but it didn't end up being metal. Got behind the seat and started pulling on it to identify the sources. Ended up wiggling all the wires, a/c vent, and connectors until it stopped.

Thanks will keep that in mind!

So I had some time today and I think I figured out my creaking noise. When you unzip the back of the seat, there are 2 brackets for the lumbar support screwed into the seat back frame. I undid these and reinstalled them with a wee coating of lubricant and I’m just in from a drive and I think it’s disappeared.