regretting Sirius/XM subscription

I like the service alright but I only drive my truck and my jeep one or two days a week so it is not a must have for me.  I also do the call every 6 months and renew for $30 with all fees and taxes included and have them mail me an invoice.  I just get tired of talking to somebody in India where I can barely understand them for a service I don't use that much.  The funny thing is I really don't care if they drop it off my truck but I can easily get it for the $30 for 6 months but the Jeep GC is a different story.  I threaten to drop it on the Jeep and they just go ahead and cancel it and don't really try to hard to get me to keep it so with the Jeep I have to cancel and wait a month or two and then sign back up when they start calling.  I wonder if they have some kind of database with all different vehicles with an algorithm on which vehicle type is more or less willing to keep the service?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I threaten to drop it on the Jeep and they just go ahead and cancel it and don't really try to hard to get me to keep it so with the Jeep I have to cancel and wait a month or two and then sign back up when they start calling.  I wonder if they have some kind of database with all different vehicles with an algorithm on which vehicle type is more or less willing to keep the service?

That’s strange. I thought were anxious to get ALL vehicles subscribed.

I just got off the phone with XM a few minutes ago. My 6 month for $30 offer is set to expire in 2 days and go up to $19.99 a month. So after I told them I Wanted to cancel because I could not see myself paying $19.99 a month. They offered me 12 months for $99.99. I said no thank you, that is still to high. Then they offered 6 months for $49.99. I said no thank you, that is still to high. Then they said they would give me 5 months for $24.99. I said ok, ill take that and call you again in 5 months. was on the phone for 6 minutes in total. ! 

I have two iPods with 7,000 songs and iHeartRadio-pandora for free. I tried XM a few times, I’ve just gotten used to changing songs at will. No matter what vehicle I drive the sound quality isn’t as good with XM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never gave them my credit card #, and told them I wouldn't pay if they didn't turn it off! Now for you "hip kiddies" I don't have a "smart" or any other phone!(Use wife's to view forum) don't have a computer, thumb drive or none of the "modern" forms of music. I still play cassettes and regret not having a player in my 17. The last CD I purchased was in 2005. I have been known to listen to the same CD for a year or more. Don't know or listen to the "new artist" I don't even like navigation, I can read a map, plus I can purchase one at a truck stop. I guess I'm what one would call "out of touch", but I look at it as controlling one of the few things in life I can! 

Oh, what is "Talk Radio"??

3 hours ago, Ironman24 said:

I just got off the phone with XM a few minutes ago. My 6 month for $30 offer is set to expire in 2 days and go up to $19.99 a month. So after I told them I Wanted to cancel because I could not see myself paying $19.99 a month. They offered me 12 months for $99.99. I said no thank you, that is still to high. Then they offered 6 months for $49.99. I said no thank you, that is still to high. Then they said they would give me 5 months for $25.99. I said ok, ill take that and call you again in 5 months. was on the phone for 6 minutes in total. ! 

What did it come to with taxes and royalty fees? You're already over $5/month.

What did it come to with taxes and royalty fees? You're already over $5/month.

5 months subscription 24.99

Royalty fee 3.47

Tax 1.89

Credit for two days left on my last subscription - 0.79

Total charged to my card $29.56

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Ironman24 said:

Royalty fee 3.47

Tax 1.89

Next time do like I did ----- $30/6 mo. all inclusive.

You guys with $5 per month , is that all in or do you still have to add the taxes and fees? Tomorrow is my negotiation day .....

Sent from device. Excuse errors.
This is the total that I paid. So basically came to 6 bucks a month.

Royalty fee 3.47
Tax 1.89

Just keep saying no till you get to that offer then try to tell them you will pay 24.99 all taxes included. The worst they can do is say no. Can't hurt to try. I will give it a shot in July.

3 hours ago, nowicksl said:

You guys with $5 per month , is that all in or do you still have to add the taxes and fees? Tomorrow is my negotiation day .....

Sent from device. Excuse errors.

$30 for six months. Period. All inclusive. My argument was "you tell me $30 and that's what I will pay ---- not $30 plus, $30 period". They'll make the deal.

4 hours ago, Ironman24 said:

This is the total that I paid. So basically came to 6 bucks a month.

Royalty fee 3.47
Tax 1.89

Just keep saying no till you get to that offer then try to tell them you will pay 24.99 all taxes included. The worst they can do is say no. Can't hurt to try. I will give it a shot in July.

You don't "try to tell them" ----- you tell them. They did it for me so it's do-able. Bottom line is they decide some money is better than no money. Next time I'm going to go for $25. Or maybe two radios for $30 on the grounds that I can only listen to one at a time.

On 1/30/2018 at 9:59 PM, 2017SierraSLT said:

My only complaint is the lack of album art on XM! Why do lesser GM vehicles get this and my $52k truck does not?!

I never understood the album art thing either.  I test drove a lower end model Tundra when I was shopping back in 2014 and even it had the XM album art for the song playing.  It looks like it may have been a thought for the GM trucks since the XM symbol is in the same place and the same size as the album art for my mp3's on my SD card.  Do other GM vehicles show the album art for XM?

Archived