35" Tires, Stabilitrac coming on turning sharp turns

So I have a 2014 CC Silverado, 2wd, with a 6in lift.

I keep getting the stabilitrac kicking in on sharp turns.  This has only started happening after having the 35/12.5r18 installed. No issues with the stock tire on the same lift.  Ive looked into the wheel speed sensor and replaced both.  Thought I had a bad hub but ended up being the upper ball joint and it was replaced, still made not difference.  It is not every time I turn but maybe 25% of the time.

Wanting to know if anyone else is having this issue and if there was a fix.  I know that there are plenty of this trucks lifted with 35" tires and cannot image that all have the same issue.

I don't want to disable the ABS and stabilitrac, just want it not to kick in when it shouldn't.

Any Ideas please let me know.

As for the lift:

Front has 3" spindle lift, 2" coilover spacer, and Bilstein 5100 set to .75", and upgraded UCA for the ball joint angle

Rear has 5" blocks and upgraded 5 Leaf Springs

Edited by willyr1er
typos

Your truck is taller and leans more during sharp turns. The yaw sensor is picking this up and kicking on stabilitrak. You should probably take it a little easier around corners, don’t forget your driving something 7 feet off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No warning lights or anything staying on, just lights up the traction light on the dash and you can feel the braking vibe in the gas pedal.

Always at slow speeds, mostly turning to the left.

Is there anything that could/should be reset after the tire were put on and alignment done?

Did you correct the tire size for the speedometer?  If not that will also make the Stabilitrack kick in more often.  I also have mine come on more than I would like to but there is no way to completely get around it with 35s.  If speedo is correct and alignment is good mine comes on in left turns sometimes.  It never comes on making right turns though.  Before I found a shop that new how to align a lifted truck mine came on daily but now its about once a week.  I wish the sensitivity level for the stabilitrak could be adjusted.  Some performance cars can be adjusted to not kick on so often.

Edited by Payton34

Payton, thanks for the reply.  Sounds like I will just have to deal with it, ohh well not the worst thing in the world.

I do have the speedo corrected for the tire size and really believe the the shop did a good job on the alignment. 

I wonder if I went with 33" tire if I would have the same issue still?

I will check to see if it is centered, I havent looked in to the sway bar.  I know that it was not dropped after the lift knuckles went on.  I do have a larger helwig sway bar.  Think I may just remove one link to test it.

With it disconnected the stabilitrak will definitely come on since there is more body roll.  My BDS lift has a drop bracket were the sway bar bolts to the frame to lower it 2 inches for a 4inch lift kit or 4 inches for a 6 inch lift kit.  The endlinks are also 2 inches longer than stock.  I had my lift set at 6inches of lift but lowered my coilovers to 4.5inches of lift and had to replace the sway bar drop bracket with a smaller drop.  The pic below is a ford drop bracket with longer bolts.

Image result for bds gm sway bar drop bracket

• 2 months later...