LED swap - ‘18 2500

Just traded in my 16 SLT 1500 for a 18 SLT 2500 and I’m missing the LED headlights and fog lights. What the best bulb/company to go with to make the switch? I searched but couldn’t find a good match. I don’t mind spending the coin for quality stuff, and I don’t want to mess with glitches and failed components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm my '16 2500 SLT has HIDs from the factory which are very nice. I put Morimoto XB fog units in which is a whole housing swap to match them as the yellow incandescent looked funny. I also swapped out backup and License plate bulbs for white LED.

I am very satisfied with my headlights...as I am comparing them to my last truck which was an '04 LLY...so obviously these are much better. Although, I do have the headlight shake issue that GM just recently issued a TSB for...

I did replace the fog light bulbs to LED...the stockers are old technology and were junk...couldn't even tell they were on...and when they were, the color was so off from the headlights.

I purchased Xenon Depot 5202 LED CMB Bulbs ($49.99) for my fogs. These are a plug-n-play swap. They provide much crisper light to the front and the sides...and you can tell when they are on. No high beam flash from on-coming vehicles...and I'm leveled. I chose their 6000K color which matches the headlights well. It is very small to get your hand up in there for replacement, but temporarily removing the small bumper brace definitely increases this area to get your hand up in there...

1 hour ago, TheMekanik said:

Thanks guys. Your telling me I have HID’s in my SLT? I guess I really wasn’t paying attention! I know the factory dogs are pointless so they need to be swapped ASAP...

HID's or you could have LED's.   RPO code PDP.

Is there an amber light inboard from the projector location?   -  HID 

Does the lower line of white led's turn yellow/amber for blinker? -- LED

(LED doesn not have the amber light inboard from projector)

Once you see/notice the difference, it becomes easy to tell. 

The LED package is only available on 1500 sierra, 16 and up. 

1500 Denali, 16 and up, LED headlights are standard.

HID's or you could have LED's.   RPO code PDP.

Is there an amber light inboard from the projector location?   -  HID 
Does the lower line of white led's turn yellow/amber for blinker? -- LED
(LED doesn not have the amber light inboard from projector)

Once you see/notice the difference, it becomes easy to tell. 

The LED package is only available on 1500 sierra, 16 and up. 
1500 Denali, 16 and up, LED headlights are standard.

I will check, thank you for the info!

My 16 SLT A/T was LED so you would think I could tell the difference!

Archived