Help with pitman arm 2005 GMC Sierra 2500hd

Hi I've been trying to replace the pitman arm on my gmc Sierra 2500hd for several days now. I'm using the moog 4 master spline pitman arm and no matter what I try it will not go any further on the steering box there is about a 1 inch gap between the pitman arm and the steering box. I know this has been discussed before but I cannot find anything to help with this problem. Any advice will be appreciated 

Edited by theisaacbolen

• 5 months later...
Hi I've been trying to replace the pitman arm on my gmc Sierra 2500hd for several days now. I'm using the moog 4 master spline pitman arm and no matter what I try it will not go any further on the steering box there is about a 1 inch gap between the pitman arm and the steering box. I know this has been discussed before but I cannot find anything to help with this problem. Any advice will be appreciated 
Fighting the same issue w/ my 06 Z71 Suburban 1500

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Well, this turned out to be a job where an adjustable wrench was the right tool.
BC I wasn't about to go buy a 33mm box wrench.

I cleaned up the threads a bit with a wire wheel on a drill. Ran the nut on with the adjustable to make sure it went on smoothly.

Then put the lock washer on and worked the nut as tight as I could with a 2' pipe on the end of the wrench.

Barely got a full thread out of the bottom of the nut. But it's tight. Hit it with a little red thread lock too.

This front end rebuild has been a pain in the dick from the beginning.a93a52be5da7787cd09af83e8eb90cb1.jpge381f0a838c4b74c00851c548ea2d573.jpg0d5c96212afd91f3b4e7689126a7be2e.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk