Bullet Liner vs Line-X

Debating getting a spray in liner and trying to decide between the two. Anyone have a preference of one over the other?

Locally the Bullet Liner is about $475 and I guess it includes UV protection. Line-X is about the same price for the base but is an additional $100 for UV protection.

Also, my Bullet Liner dealer said they would spray over the plugs in the bed because once removed they are hard to keep in after the bed is sprayed and they'll just keep falling out.  Any truth to that?

Thanks for any and all insight.

Go line-x premium with the UV protection, well worth the extra money. Had it on my last truck for 6 years and it help up perfectly, even with the FL sun beating the hell out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Bullet liner dealer is correct, the plugs do fall out after Line-x removes, sprays and reinstalls them.

Never had Bullet Liner, but have used Line-X with the UV protection (2015 Silverado),  Speed Liner (2001 Sierra), and Rhino on 1995 Silverado (SOLD). If I was going to have one installed today, it would be the Speed Liner hands down! Line-X is lacking in the grip department, and is rough like sand paper. Nothing stays put when you drive. It reminds me of the plastic drop in liners , just not quite as bad.

Speed Liner has tons of grip,  and has more of an orange peel texture which makes it easy on your hands and knees when you have to crawl around in the bed.

I have Bullet Liner in mine and am happy with it. I do have a tonneau cover on my bed but the Bullet liner is holding up very nicely. I wouldn't hesitate to have it installed again. The dealer paid for my Bullet Liner as part of the deal.

25 minutes ago, muddkatt said:

Bullet liner dealer is correct, the plugs do fall out after Line-x removes, sprays and reinstalls them.

Never had Bullet Liner, but have used Line-X with the UV protection (2015 Silverado),  Speed Liner (2001 Sierra), and Rhino on 1995 Silverado (SOLD). If I was going to have one installed today, it would be the Speed Liner hands down! Line-X is lacking in the grip department, and is rough like sand paper. Nothing stays put when you drive. It reminds me of the plastic drop in liners , just not quite as bad.

Speed Liner has tons of grip,  and has more of an orange peel texture which makes it easy on your hands and knees when you have to crawl around in the bed.

Counterpoint:  Mine didn't fall out and I haven't had any issues (line-x premium).  Still need a flat-head screwdriver to pop them out.

I had line x on my 2016 and bullet liner on my 2017. The bullet liner is scrapping off extremely easy..granted I bring it to them and they fix it right on the spot,it's disappointing.didnt have a issue with my line x liner.

My 15 is Line-X with the UV since new no bed cover still looks good and has held up nice.

I agree it is easy to slide some stuff on it but not nearly as bad as a plastic liner. I strap everything of weight down anyway in any truck I’ve owned. Learned that one the hard way. Some guys end up doing a rubber floor mat over liner anyway.

Line-x dealer asked me if I wanted the plugs done or not. If you do them and want to use them later you can cut them out. GM sells new plugs. I did the Dee Zee tie downs in the corners (they fade btw). I didn’t request no warranty tag so I ended up with a yellow tag so remember that if you don’t want tagged. 

Question is the warranty lifetime on a Bullet? And if repair is needed will any installer do the work or does it have to go back to the original place of purchase? Can’t say I have any experience with Bullet and the nearest dealer around here is 143 miles away.

I’ve had Line-X sprayed into two trucks I bought new that had no liner and was very happy with the product.

Last two Sierras I bought had liners already installed by dealership (no brand specified).  My new truck has none and I’m about to have one sprayed.  Nearest LineX dealer is too far away.   Two local shops say their product is the same quality, $399 with bolts, etc. removed.  I saw samples of each.  Ok.  

Not sure what I’m about to do.  

5 hours ago, Boardmember said:

Not sure what I’m about to do.  

Open a Line-X dealer and make bank! Around here seems like you can’t drive 50 miles without running into a dealer.

10 hours ago, bkesting said:

Bullet has a lifetime warranty and any certified Bullet dealer will do the work. 

That to me makes it a even playing field. As far as peeling everything I read before I had mine done says prep is the key. There’s a Line-X dealer 12 miles from my house I drove a extra 40 to go to another one because the customer reviews were so much better at that one and the fact they do installs for 10+ dealers in the area. 

Still trying to decide between the two brands (or going without and just doing a bedmat). 

I always haul a lot of grass clippings in the back of my truck.  With a bare bed, grass is swept out easily as the bed surface is nice and smooth. Anyone have issues sweeping debris out of a truck bed that has been sprayed with a liner?  Still clean up nicely?

I don’t know anybody with it but have you looked at the Weathertech bed liner mat? Might be a nice compromise for what you want?

No problems cleaning up my Line-X. I spray it out with a power washer or at the car wash when needed or at least monthly, I consider it routine maintenance. 

I have a old thick rubber mat (out of a squarebody) in the back of my 2500HD that’s at least 20 years old and has held up well. No liner in that truck but has a tonneau cover. Once a year I take it out and power wash it and the bed. I only put 5-10k a year on that truck and can’t believe how much stuff ends up under the mat. It has cause a couple of rub marks in the paint & also stained the bed floor (white truck) but can’t see that when it’s in there anyway. Worse thing about the mat is trying to man handle it by myself when removing/replacing it out/in the bed. 

Edited by wforrest08
stupid auto correct feature
  • Like 1

On 3/11/2018 at 12:57 AM, wforrest08 said:

As far as peeling everything I read before I had mine done says prep is the key. There’s a Line-X dealer 12 miles from my house I drove a extra 40 to go to another one because the customer reviews were so much better at that one and the fact they do installs for 10+ dealers in the area. 

^^ Exactly, proper prep is the key.

2 hours ago, bkesting said:

Still trying to decide between the two brands (or going without and just doing a bedmat). 

I always haul a lot of grass clippings in the back of my truck.  With a bare bed, grass is swept out easily as the bed surface is nice and smooth. Anyone have issues sweeping debris out of a truck bed that has been sprayed with a liner?  Still clean up nicely?

The bed liners (Line-X and Speed Liner) are harder to sweep out than a painted bed. Living in Florida, lots of sand ends up in the bed. I sweep it out and then rinse the dirt and sand out with a water hose. If it was a painted bed, the sand and dirt would simply sweep out.

• Like 1