aftermarket tow mirrors

i have a 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 HD SLE . I have prchased a set of syppo tow mirrors that have running light , signal , cargo lamp and heat . my current mirrors only include adjustment and heat options . what do i need to do to gain full functions on these aftermarket tow mirrors ?

• Like 1

i have a 2016 GMC Sierra 2500 HD SLE . I have prchased a set of syppo tow mirrors that have running light , signal , cargo lamp and heat . my current mirrors only include adjustment and heat options . what do i need to do to gain full functions on these aftermarket tow mirrors ?

I’ve got you covered. Helped over 500+ members here.

PM and we can cover it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to give a shout out to Phil Gamboa, he helped me out tremendously and I cannot be more grateful.  My 2015 had a rare anomaly that seems to plague only a certain amount of early pre 2015i HD's with the memory seat and carry-over camper mirrors.  The passenger mirror needed an extra jumper harness to make the fold option work, and he spent countless hours of research and development to build this harness and send it to me in what I consider light speed.  He is very professional and patient and in the days of crappy customer service, a shining star.  Please understand this build is not for the desk jockey, it takes care and a ton of patience.  In fact, if you have a friend or family member with tiny hands they will be your best tool in the box.  Anyhow Phil is the man, and he will go to great lengths to find THE solution.  Thanks again Phil!

Shawn

• Like 1

Just now, Shawn T said:

I just want to give a shout out to Phil Gamboa, he helped me out tremendously and I cannot be more grateful.  My 2015 had a rare anomaly that seems to plague only a certain amount of early pre 2015i HD's with the memory seat and carry-over camper mirrors.  The passenger mirror needed an extra jumper harness to make the fold option work, and he spent countless hours of research and development to build this harness and send it to me in what I consider light speed.  He is very professional and patient and in the days of crappy customer service, a shining star.  Please understand this build is not for the desk jockey, it takes care and a ton of patience.  In fact, if you have a friend or family member with tiny hands they will be your best tool in the box.  Anyhow Phil is the man, and he will go to great lengths to find THE solution.  Thanks again Phil!

Shawn

Looks as though I need to update my sig with the new mirrors installed!

• Like 1

Shawn

Shawn,

Thank you for sticking through with this upgrade. Like you said, you had the anomaly of the builds. In the 500+ members I’ve helped, this issues would be counted as #2. There is another member who would make it #3. I wish I could remember who #1 so I could offer this solution to him.

Certainly appreciate your patience throughout all of this and glad we found the solution!

Please share some pics :)

On 4/9/2018 at 10:25 AM, Shawn T said:

Shawn

Did your build still require the temp sensor in the passenger mirror? i have a early 15 ltz diesel with memory seat and old style camper mirrors as well. However my new mirrors are off of a gas truck and lacks the passenger side temp sensor. i was just wondering if it was really needed being I don't believe my stocks had it to begin with.. I have the rzy as well as Phils harnesses. Hoping to start install after next week when my vacation starts. happy to hear he has my only concern figured out should it become an issue!

You need the temp sensor. Without it your truck with throw a code and the check engine light will come on eliminating the remote start function. The sensor is used for the diesel exhaust brake. I would inquire with Phil further to see if it’s a possibility to add it. 

No, I ordered the mirrors with the sensor, I did my research and found posts from this site and the diesel page concerning your issue.  Users trying to install mirrors without temp sensors got the result I explained

I get what your saying but those people that had those issues all had the sensor to begin with. Also others with the old style camper mirrors have changed mirrors with no check engine and have not had to add the sensor. What I’m getting at is if I didn’t have one before why do I need one now? 

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, I see what you're saying, I was under the impression that our "old" camper mirrors had the sensor in them as well, so I tried an experiment.  I unhooked my passenger side mirror and started my truck, drove around up to temp and turned on the exhaust brake, everything functioned fine.  Maybe our temp sensor is in the grill?  I'm kind of baffled now because I was under the impression it was in my passenger mirror this whole time.

If your order style mirror didn’t have the temp sensor, you shouldn’t need it. Check the mirror itself and inspect for pins being present on slots 15 and 16. If your factory mirror doesn’t have pins loaded, you should be fine.