Got a scare from the gas station

17SLE

Hey everyone,

Just thought I should share this, I thought it was funny. Anyway, I was driving by my local texaco the other night, and I wanted to die. I noticed gas prices had gone up from $3.63 to $3.69 at other gas stations, however when I drove by texaco it was $3.99 for regular. At that point it hit me that my wallet would cry because I run 93 octane in my truck. But as I drove by the next morning and looked at the gas station it was priced correctly at $3.69, I couldn't help but think that someone got in some sort of trouble for making them lose out on business.

For as long as I've been of legal driving age, which is only 9 years now... I do not recall gas being under $3.00.. (aside from costco)
I remember it being less than $0.50/gal, my dad tells stories of pumping gas at $0.05/gal!

2012 2500hd 6.0l CCSB 4wd

See, that I would enjoy. I look at prices here, and I have a 93 octane tune on my truck so I need to run at least 91-93. With that, the premium fuel on island starts at roughly $4.06 now, and diesel is at $3.99... In hindsight, wish I got a diesel now.

See, that I would enjoy. I look at prices here, and I have a 93 octane tune on my truck so I need to run at least 91-93. With that, the premium fuel on island starts at roughly $4.06 now, and diesel is at $3.99... In hindsight, wish I got a diesel now.
Today's diesels aren't all they used to be...I ran Dodge Cummins from inception in 1989 through 2004.5, the later models were less and less reliable.

22 hours ago, sdeeter19555 said:

I even bought diesel in 2002 in Tulsa for $0.89!

We are at 2.40 for 87 right now. Got 91 at Costco yesterday for 2.55, but also added $4 of octane booster for half a tank of gas. All those teachers walking to the state capital must have reduced demand. :lol:

• 3 months later...