Transmission jerk when towing

Well truck goes in tomorrow for evaluation and hopefully correction. 

I bought it used with 30k. Drives smooth as silk. Towed a friend's travel trailer (guestimate is 9K loaded) Saturday and overall was a great experience, but a few times it "jerked" like trans or converter was slipping. No RPM jumps or anything, and didn't really loose any power - but something isn't right. Hopefully we can get it figured out and corrected in next 2500 miles!

I searched and couldn't find much. I'll keep looking. Thanks for info!

Talked to dealer - naturally couldn't duplicate problem and nothing on scanner. We'll see if it acts up again. Drives like a dream otherwise, so maybe it was a fluke. I had rear tires balanced to eliminate that as a cause for any vibration (they needed it).

• 2 months later...

Update: I towed MY camper, and it performed flawlessly.

I've towed enough that I was certain it wasn't the trailer because of how it behaved. Fortunately, it does indeed seem to be something with his trailer (maybe brake wire short or something else). Love the pulling power of this rig - was an easy tow.

We'll put it to the real test in August when we head down WV turnpike!

On 4/25/2018 at 6:35 AM, ewbldavis said:

6.0L, and definitely NOT the trailer. Plus side - light bulb went off this morning that I have 5 year drivetrain warranty, so maybe a bit more time to figure it out. I'll post outcome!

Are you sure about the warranty?

I thought they had changed and just the 6.6 still had the 5 yr/100,000. 

Edited by redwngr