Backup camera scrolling screen

8 minutes ago, 2016LTCC said:

Anyone have the intermittent issue where you put the truck in reverse and then the backup camera screen begins to scroll up and flicker before locking in?

Do you have LED reverse lights? Sometimes that can create interference if they create a lot of noise. Try unplugging them and see if the issue persists.

1 minute ago, ChristopherDB said:

Do you have LED reverse lights? Sometimes that can create interference if they create a lot of noise. Try unplugging them and see if the issue persists.

No I’ve got the LT model. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had this problem with my 2017 LT screen would look like it had interference and would also have a yellow tint to the screen dealer said it was the camera that didn’t fix it they ended up keeping the truck for a couple days and found a bad 12 pin connector changed it out and issue was fixed

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have my truck at the shop now getting the oil changed and I mentioned this issue.   I have seen the issue multiple times.   I took it in months ago as well when I was getting the oil changed and I mentioned the issue.   Maybe they will fix it this time!   Thanks for the comment which fixed your issue!  My video is basically the same as what was posted.   

48 minutes ago, patrick_krug said:

I have my truck at the shop now getting the oil changed and I mentioned this issue.   I have seen the issue multiple times.   I took it in months ago as well when I was getting the oil changed and I mentioned the issue.   Maybe they will fix it this time!   Thanks for the comment which fixed your issue!  My video is basically the same as what was posted.   

Please let me know if you get this fixed. I have hunted to connection issues but haven't seen anything. Ive taken to the dealer but they wouldn't even look at it. Another said could not duplicate customer concern. I said no kidding I told you it only happens randomly. I am hoping this is something I can fix for myself. 

1 hour ago, 2016LTCC said:

Please let me know if you get this fixed. I have hunted to connection issues but haven't seen anything. Ive taken to the dealer but they wouldn't even look at it. Another said could not duplicate customer concern. I said no kidding I told you it only happens randomly. I am hoping this is something I can fix for myself. 

I will.  Did you see what Amok68 posted about it being the 12 pin connector?   I have not sent a question to the dealership asking them to look at the connector yet.     I am not sure where that it was replaced on his truck nor does it matter to me since it is still under warranty, but good to know. 

I know that some people might take offense but I am going to post on this thread since it relates to the Infotainment System.   I have searched and not found any information yet (not an in-depth search).    I have had issues all the stations that were preset being removed and with the radio and touch screen frozen.    I assume that no one on this thread has had the same issue with their radio?   Also when I first got my Truck on  my way to/from work the SXM stations would go out approximately 14 times, sometimes going out for over 2 minutes.

While writing this the Service Rep called me and said that there was a code for the backup camera and they are ordering a new one and they will replace it in a few days when the part is in.   I will let you know if I have any issues after the new one is installed.

2 hours ago, patrick_krug said:

I will.  Did you see what Amok68 posted about it being the 12 pin connector?   I have not sent a question to the dealership asking them to look at the connector yet.     I am not sure where that it was replaced on his truck nor does it matter to me since it is still under warranty, but good to know. 

I know that some people might take offense but I am going to post on this thread since it relates to the Infotainment System.   I have searched and not found any information yet (not an in-depth search).    I have had issues all the stations that were preset being removed and with the radio and touch screen frozen.    I assume that no one on this thread has had the same issue with their radio?   Also when I first got my Truck on  my way to/from work the SXM stations would go out approximately 14 times, sometimes going out for over 2 minutes.

While writing this the Service Rep called me and said that there was a code for the backup camera and they are ordering a new one and they will replace it in a few days when the part is in.   I will let you know if I have any issues after the new one is installed.

Thanks I would appreciate it. I may try to bring mine by the dealer again. I have looked at every connector possible and never found a bent terminal.