Front wheel bearing assembly help

I hope this is the right place to post this, if not please forgive me.

I am having to replace a front wheel bearing assembly on my 2004 Chev. Silverado. It is a 5.3 Vortex 1500 with 4 W/D.

I have seen videos of this process and still find it impossible to separate the split housing. I have broken two chisels and beat this thing half to death with no success.

I am hoping that someone here has a remedy. I just don't know what else I could do do to separate the housing and remove the bearing assembly. Is there something I am missing? The videos made it look so easy and I am mechanically inclined, but this has me stumped.

Separate the housing? Caliper, caliper bracket and rotor removed. Remove the axle nut then there are only 3 bolts holding the bearing assembly into the spindle. 

For clarification, I have all the bolts removed and the axle nut. Now it is time to split the hub that holds the bearing from the rest of the assembly. The videos show mechanics using a heavy hammer and chisel to split it apart, I have tried this with no success. I broke two chisels and the assembly will not come out.

Putting back together in the videos the three 15mm bolts draw the assembly into place. It is a tight fit so I guess with age and rust taking it apart is next to impossible. According to the videos I have seen, they say it comes apart hard, but they can do it with a hammer and chisel.

I just can't make that work for me for some reason. I just thought that someone may have found an easier way, or ha a trick to get the assembly apart.

Edited by Jim Foley

The last one I did on my 2004 came apart pretty easily for having 184,000 miles. I used 5lb sledge hammer and beat on the outer flange of the bearing where the wheel studs are. I hit it a few times then would spin the hub 180 degrees then smack it a few more times then repeat until it was loose. I don't know what else to tell you to try. 

Saw in the other thread you still can't get it loose. Are you sure you've removed all the 3 bolts? Used Penetrating oil like Kroil, PB Blaster etc.....? Are you using a something like about a 3 or 5 pound hammer to get some shock force? I done enough of these in all kids of rusted condition and never had problems like you're having.

I got it using a method I saw on a video. This one showed about knocking out a wheel lug nut stud and inserting a half inch bolt in its place. Put a nut on the inside of the bolt that pushes against the lug flange, while the bolt pushes against the other half of the assembly.

I found it in this video. This one uses more than one nut and bolt, the one I saw used only one nut and bolt and worked great

Edited by Jim Foley