DISAPPOINTING 2019 Chevy Powertrain / Gearing options

57 minutes ago, sldhead700 said:

He said with a 3.73 10 speed....I didn't see where your post listed the gear ratio, only the trans....

I believe when you get the gas version the 10 speed comes with a 3.42 or 3.23 depending on options of the vehicle, in order to get the 3.73, I think it has to be a diesel like the op asked?

Unless I miss understood what he was asking for? If he was asking if a diesel was available in that model trim then your answer was perfect, and I miss understood his question.....

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, sorry, I only answered part of the question. The diesel is not offered on the TB. However, it doesn't look like 3.73s are offered any more. Looks like the diesel comes with 3.23s.

Edited by Cpl_Punishment
Correction

12 hours ago, Cpl_Punishment said:

Yeah, sorry, I only answered part of the question. The diesel is not offered on the TB. However, it doesn't look like 3.73s are offered any more. Looks like the diesel comes with 3.23s.

Actually, 3.73 gears are offered on the 2020 1500s. 3.73 gears are offered as part of the Diesel off road package on LT and RST. The 3.0L diesel is exclusively matched to the 10 speed. 3.73 gears are also offered with the Custom max tow package with the 5.3L and 6 speed on Custom trim trucks.

Diesel.png

Custom.png

1 hour ago, 3737 said:

Actually, 3.73 gears are offered on the 2020 1500s. 3.73 gears are offered as part of the Diesel off road package on LT and RST. The 3.0L diesel is exclusively matched to the 10 speed. 3.73 gears are also offered with the Custom max tow package with the 5.3L and 6 speed on Custom trim trucks.

Diesel.png

Custom.png

Thanks for the info. When I compare trims on the build and price tool, it only lists 3.23 and 3.42. Very strange. 

Diesel.png.bc3b91af5c2ac5fde4725b64cd946ca3.png
Custom.png.e80d70529c0df3727db4202a04ee322c.png
Right, but he was asking about that ratio with the 10 speed trans..... Not the 6 speed or 8 speed.....
I believe his combination that he was asking about is only available if you get the diesel..... Not with gas option with the 10 speed...... Those are 3.42 and 3.23 gears

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Good info Thanks. I checked an RST out at my dealer it came with a single speed transfer case. I assume if you get the Diesel Off-Road Package you would get a 2 speed case part of the Z71 included. Has any one put eyes or test drove a Diesel off-road with 3.73 yet? I am hoping to see this package on the Trail Boss but with 4.10 gearing And 10 speed of course. 6.2 10 speed trail boss is a good step in the right direction just need to gear it down, I wish you could just order the gearing you want on any trim. Some of these packages seem like unicorns we talk and read about them a lot...  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do not understand why everyone feels that they can only buy a Chevy truck. I have owned trucks from Willys, Dodge, Toyota, and Ford, and I will be buying the best truck I can find later this year regardless of whether it happens to be a Chevy product. Having spent more than a year doing research my 2500HD Duramax it is not likely that it will be replaced with a Silverado 1500 truck for a number of reasons.

Ford provides the most options in terms of configurations, including a 36-gallon gas tank which is 10 gallon more than GM/Chevy provides on its 1500 trucks. I used to be able to buy an aftermarket gas tank to gain more capacity but with the current emissions regs the companies like Titan have stopped making them. To get a larger gas tank it needs to be a factory option which is available from  Ram and Ford, and Toyota Tundras come stock with a 38-gallon gas tank. For backcountry travel I do not want to be hauling a bunch of 5-gallon jerry gas cans - been there and done that!

I can change the gears and I can add an aftermarket locking rear differential to a Chevy truck where these are not factory options, but I cannot fix the problem with the small gas tank. Odd to me that Chevy as with Toyota only provides the "anti-spin" function where the brakes are applied to the faster spinning wheel for even the 4WD trucks and there is no option for a true LSD differential from the factory.

During the pandemic I will be waiting for details on the 2021 models and then making a decision and size of the gas tank is probably going to take Chevy off my list.