A1 Auto Tow Mirror Won't Stay In

Thought I would throw this out here since I know many on this site have upgraded to tow mirrors.  I have the A1 Auto manual extending tow mirrors on my 2017 Silvy.  Everything is fine except the mirrors, especially driver side, continually creeps out.  It happens a little at a time and I usually can't stand it anymore and push it back in by the time it gets to 1/2 inch or so out.  When out, they seem to stay out just fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so is there a 'fix'?

I didn't find anything the way I searched.  I have a couple of ideas to try, but thought I would go with something proven if it existed.

Thanks

Thought I would throw this out here since I know many on this site have upgraded to tow mirrors.  I have the A1 Auto manual extending tow mirrors on my 2017 Silvy.  Everything is fine except the mirrors, especially driver side, continually creeps out.  It happens a little at a time and I usually can't stand it anymore and push it back in by the time it gets to 1/2 inch or so out.  When out, they seem to stay out just fine.

I didn't find anything the way I searched.  I have a couple of ideas to try, but thought I would go with something proven if it existed.

Thanks

Do you have Seat Memory? If so, check a setting in your radio about easy exit options. Had another member say his mirrros would revert back to a different position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Wxman said:

I have the manual A1 tow mirrors on my 01 2500HD they’ve been on the truck for 8 years I don’t drive it much but the drivers side does work it’s way out slowly and has for years. I’ve tried to think of a solution but everything I’ve thought of minus modding the mirror so it can be wedged when in the in position seams to be a temporary solution? I’ll take it your out of your warranty period on them already? 

• Like 1

No seat memory.  Nothing electrical here, it is just the mirror 'rattles' out over time.  This is the push-pull tow extension part of the mirror.  Sounds like I am not the only one.  If no one ends up posting a  proven fix I will probably try an idea or two of my own.  Don't think it would take much.

• Like 1

Had the same thing on mine they work there way out. Annoying also the glass shakes more then stock does but other then that I liked them I miss the big mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I experience the same issue with the driver side mirror creeping out. Every few days, I push it back in place. Just a minor annoyance because I like the mirrors a lot, but if you come up with a solution please share!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1