Need help with what type of shocks to buy

I have a 2014 1500 all-terrain with the 6.2. 

I am having to replace the upper control arms and front shocks. Basically, I have a 2 part question. Number 1: I do very minimal off-roading/towing. Which shocks do you guys recommend. 

Number 2: and the far more important question. Which type of shocks do I need. I see some that have built onto them where the spring sits I’m assuming. And the other type looks slick. Attaching pictures of my truck and the two types of shocks I see. Thanks for any help figuring this out. 

C4019493-7E53-4FB0-AD2F-664A67AA7236.png

F70474E0-D6A3-43AF-90A7-5EF72B5E19BE.png

5EACA498-BB4A-4681-BC5D-745E9E74EC3E.jpeg

22D5452E-575A-4D8D-8518-3DB1CE516816.jpeg

If you don’t plan to use it for Off-roading much and are on a budget. Bilstein are pretty good. The next step up is Fox or top choice Kings. I would stay away from Rancho. Not a bad shock, but the three listed are better setup.

• Like 1

I’m happy with my rancho 9000xl like the ones in your pictures they sell the set of preloaded struts for front and shocks for the rear the front is a 2” level and are adjustable ride depending on your driving conditions they are not bad in price I got mine 500 in eBay installed myself not hard at all
e7269cad67bc03c37cf1b622e566912c.jpge164f9bb6c2e35cbb76f2ba2582ca2e6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 7/7/2018 at 8:40 PM, Julio13 said:

I’m happy with my rancho 9000xl like the ones in your pictures they sell the set of preloaded struts for front and shocks for the rear the front is a 2” level and are adjustable ride depending on your driving conditions they are not bad in price I got mine 500 in eBay installed myself not hard at all
e7269cad67bc03c37cf1b622e566912c.jpge164f9bb6c2e35cbb76f2ba2582ca2e6.jpg

I already have a 4” lift in the front and really couldn’t use the pre made strut. Had to break mine down and change them out but it turned out to be pretty simple. Haven’t looked yet but I have got to find the info on how to set them to road conditions. On highway more than off road and towing. 

• 1 month later...
I already have a 4” lift in the front and really couldn’t use the pre made strut. Had to break mine down and change them out but it turned out to be pretty simple. Haven’t looked yet but I have got to find the info on how to set them to road conditions. On highway more than off road and towing. 

I read somewhere it’s 6 in front and 3 rear

On 7/6/2018 at 10:43 PM, Aboogie808 said:

If you don’t plan to use it for Off-roading much and are on a budget. Bilstein are pretty good. The next step up is Fox or top choice Kings. I would stay away from Rancho. Not a bad shock, but the three listed are better setup.

I'll second the Bilstein 5100's.  Will make the ride of your truck much better and you can swap all 4 corners for around $400.

• Like 1