Adding Bass to Stock System

I'm going to be adding more bass to the stock system soon. I want to be sure of the components that I will need and also to be sure that the shop is not trying to oversell me on items. 

Here's the list that I have so far:

• JL Audio Stealthbox
  • JL Audio HD 600/4 (shop's recomendation)
  • Audio Control LCi2

Is there something else that should be added? He mentioned something about a processor as well. This is my first sound upgrade of any kind so please be gentle. Thanks!

• Like 1

That's all I would get along with the proper wiring and fuse to hook everything up. I don't think you need another processor for just adding a sub. You don't really even "need" the LCi2, but it's a good idea. 

That JL Stealthbox is pretty pricey though. You can get something similar for a lot less money. 

Something like this then add on the LCi2 for less than the price of just the Stealbox.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-to-2018-GMC-Sierra-Crewcab-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Center-console-Hidden-15-16/362061311794?hash=item544c892f32:g:gbMAAOSwol5Yyzjv 

Assuming you are going with the in console Stealthbox here as there are other options. 

Edited by truckmann
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, truckmann said:

That's all I would get along with the proper wiring and fuse to hook everything up. I don't think you need another processor for just adding a sub. You don't really even "need" the LCi2, but it's a good idea. 

That JL Stealthbox is pretty pricey though. You can get something similar for a lot less money. 

Something like this then add on the LCi2 for less than the price of just the Stealbox.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2014-to-2018-GMC-Sierra-Crewcab-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Center-console-Hidden-15-16/362061311794?hash=item544c892f32:g:gbMAAOSwol5Yyzjv 

Assuming you are going with the in console Stealthbox here as there are other options. 

Awesome man thanks for your input. I wanna add the LCi2 after I read the problem THIS user was having with his set up. There's other processors that I'm noticing so not sure if the LCi2 is even right for my application. This is the part I'm most confused about: https://www.audiocontrol.com/car-audio/factory-system-upgrade/

I'm actually looking at the under the rear seat box that is even more expensive. Just seems like this box is better form fitted to fit under the seats than all the other ones I've seen. Other ones have sharp corners that stick outside the seats or just don't look well made. 

Yeah I've only seen a couple other nice made boxes that fit the seat contours and they were both custom made. The LCi2 is for sure the best way to get good clean sound to the amp. If you are just adding Subs then the LCi2 is all you need. The other processors have more channels to use if you were doing a full system with door speakers and such. 

why is a shop recommending a 4 channel amp for just a subwoofer? 

Since your shop does JL audio, You can go with a 5 channel VXi amp and get built in DSP for all your speakers and eliminate the need for the Audiocontrol unit. 

18 hours ago, Maxsuperdog said:

Why a 4 channel amp for subs?? You need the HD 750/1.

I think I might have misheard the shop probably meant the XD600. But you're right I'm seeing now the recommended amp for this box is the 750/1. And yes the bass knob is a must!

So according to the Crutchfield tech I won't be needing the processor since the JL 750/1 amp already has the high level inputs. So i'll just need the wire to RCA adapters to provide it with the audio signal https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136XDCLR2S/JL-Audio-XD-CLRAIC2-SW.html

But the audio shop guy says that I do need a processor. What do you guys think?

2 hours ago, Silva said:

So according to the Crutchfield tech I won't be needing the processor since the JL 750/1 amp already has the high level inputs. So i'll just need the wire to RCA adapters to provide it with the audio signal https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136XDCLR2S/JL-Audio-XD-CLRAIC2-SW.html

But the audio shop guy says that I do need a processor. What do you guys think?

Do you know the exact model of the amp.  Looking up 750/1 on their site only returns the hd750.  If that is the amp it does NOT have high level inputs and would require a separate LOC.  Lc2I is great and I've used them several times personally.

Yes that would be the one. The tech mentioned that as long as the amp has speaker lever inputs the LOC wouldn't be necessary. Here's the description on the site. 

73B10D5C-35B8-485A-98DC-F4FF2370F7B6.jpeg

On 7/30/2018 at 1:52 PM, Silva said:

I'm going to be adding more bass to the stock system soon. I want to be sure of the components that I will need and also to be sure that the shop is not trying to oversell me on items. 

Here's the list that I have so far:

• JL Audio Stealthbox
  • JL Audio HD 600/4 (shop's recomendation)
  • Audio Control LCi2

Is there something else that should be added? He mentioned something about a processor as well. This is my first sound upgrade of any kind so please be gentle. Thanks!

Overall, great choices! I've ran JL Audio in all my vehicles and competed years ago in my single cab Dakota. They're not cheap, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. The stealthboxes really sound good, in any vehicle, you won't be disappointed. The Audio Control LC2i is the 2 channel processor, not sure what other processor he could have been talking about, maybe just trying to upsell  you on additional equipment? Other than wiring, you should be good. 

On 8/1/2018 at 1:18 PM, 15BlueSilverado said:

Overall, great choices! I've ran JL Audio in all my vehicles and competed years ago in my single cab Dakota. They're not cheap, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. The stealthboxes really sound good, in any vehicle, you won't be disappointed. The Audio Control LC2i is the 2 channel processor, not sure what other processor he could have been talking about, maybe just trying to upsell  you on additional equipment? Other than wiring, you should be good. 

Awesome man thanks for your help! I think I'm good with all the components now. I'm excited been saving up since I bought the truck two years ago so hoping its worth it lol