Adding GM factory trailer brake controller

On 7/27/2020 at 11:01 AM, rallysport096 said:

@pgamboa Phil, did you ever get it figured out? Thanks!

In for this.  I know this has got to be a major PITA to develop a solution for, but consider me one of the first in line if it can be made to work.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I know this is kind of old, but I just added a Redarc to my 2014 and figured I'd share my control mounting location since I've not seen anyone else put it where I did and yes I know my truck is filthy right now. 

PXL_20201023_205108289.thumb.jpg.22ca398f58478d6b5de722bad9755649.jpg

Edited by truckmann
Image Edit

• 2 months later...
On 10/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, truckmann said:

I know this is kind of old, but I just added a Redarc to my 2014 and figured I'd share my control mounting location since I've not seen anyone else put it where I did and yes I know my truck is filthy right now. 

HP3CzRy3SyZbtBwGJL7Z6tZu-uIypXoOsnVJj4UJywjzkt2N6okS4rgCRLWHKxmHWK5UwMu9F4yFfmTx29QMZWrW1iNgrmuieGK0XQOiWcFhQxuidrAjckSqc7vxWA90fAiBA6utWbftfvVGKD5Naw3tt9dTFSxEdt5VtMDVSNEK4nWNkz6qVGyJIdBlloFA4EyitrEnuyzgas58Yv4vpgubahYePGtWYqczhKnNIiwM0MSZHVcWOqRbKo172LYTcZbWjJ1qkwgnWcOeLehLwte1_KUHqltN_rpEo7QoT60Tldp6JeieUSIpqucBtXgluzlrGc3XcN5i639KxwigH7gFVc3C1NXAipXt-m9V5L_LpRJaK928mp0AnmAyVWXMSYobgownFOlgEnYMs7qOCXsGxO_awmzzV9Gt5U_qlt7UFC5s5kk1pvfyPy-D4GLBSCbInUnqDRzLxeXq_gTLakGnxt8_C6lDt8Y8WwCewr_v16afxHpzVBZgA2NGKp_f08pBM8bRBtk6GsrvvxUzot7Ms4DkP8FXZUYlaMJRrWZDb9J9bUNkd0IZi-2meCwtTmuYR9v5pB6RNrTCWZrQ8VRcghy584efs0tSOLg-67xYF2XnFn-qWQC9NSCbKuW8Xi8ePT-J4bslKYyjtdsj6XMJm0f_lX5byV0NaxhveaEY5vxUtf0tQk90MOD2lA=w689-h918-no?authuser=0

Can you re-add the picture? I just got my redarc and trying to figure out where I want to put it. Thanks

32 minutes ago, JonMS said:

Can you re-add the picture? I just got my redarc and trying to figure out where I want to put it. Thanks

I'm assuming you can't see my picture so I just edited my original post to change how the image is attached. Let me know if that works for you. 

• 3 years later...

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado crew cab LT model and it didn’t come with the trailer brake control module on the dash but I added it and it was a plug-in play and it’s not working. Everything else is working the brake lights do and the blinkers does computer need to be flashed or turned on or I have no idea someone please help. I have checked the harness. It’s in good shape. Everything looks right and all of the fuses are in the right places.

6 hours ago, jakey0318 said:

I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado crew cab LT model and it didn’t come with the trailer brake control module on the dash but I added it and it was a plug-in play and it’s not working. Everything else is working the brake lights do and the blinkers does computer need to be flashed or turned on or I have no idea someone please help. I have checked the harness. It’s in good shape. Everything looks right and all of the fuses are in the right places.

You...can NOT...add...the...factory GM integrated controller...

Here's the defacto no straight from GM - PIT5241E Adding Integrated Trailer Brake Controller RPO JL1 (nhtsa.gov)

Take the factory switch out of the dash, sell it and get any brand aftermarket brake controller and install it.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1