Dual Exhaust Kit Question

Ok... on my 2016 I had Magnaflow duel exhaust.  LOVED how it sounded when it started up and when I got on it, but that constant rumble drove me NUTS!   And that over-drone sound while cruising on the highway was just too much.   

On my 2017 I left the exhaust alone and let it be stock.   I drive a new Dodge Rebel the other day and that thing sounds bad ass on start up and also when getting on it.  However, any other time it sounds just fine like my truck!   WHAT Is THAT and why???   

I would LOVE to have that on my truck!  I would love to have duel exhaust back!  But I don't want all that constant noise!   Can this be done?  

Thanks guys!

Ok... on my 2016 I had Magnaflow duel exhaust.  LOVED how it sounded when it started up and when I got on it, but that constant rumble drove me NUTS!   And that over-drone sound while cruising on the highway was just too much.   

On my 2017 I left the exhaust alone and let it be stock.   I drive a new Dodge Rebel the other day and that thing sounds bad ass on start up and also when getting on it.  However, any other time it sounds just fine like my truck!   WHAT Is THAT and why???   

I would LOVE to have that on my truck!  I would love to have duel exhaust back!  But I don't want all that constant noise!   Can this be done?  

Thanks guys!

Add resonators or glass packs with loud mufflers. If you look under your truck there are a series of cats and mufflers that are high flow. They all worked together to quiet the truck and flow exhaust. I removed the muffler on my 14 it was pretty good. On my performance truck I have headers 3 inch duals high flow mufflers and two glass packs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, MRob said:

Thanks guys!

I put a GM Borla performance exhaust daul outlet behind the passenger rear tire on my 17.  Sounds awesome at start up and when you get on it.  Can't even tell it is there when cruising.  It is expensive but to me it is worth every penny.  A buddy of mine just got a new 19 rebel and our trucks sound about the same, his might be a touch louder, but not much.  

• Like 2

Disconnect parts of the exhaust starting with the muffler and keep moving up the exhaust until you get the sound you want, and then install this kit at that spot. Set it for the default to be open. When your up to speed or on the freeway, flip the switch and your exhaust goes back to full stock to eliminate the drone. 

https://www.amazon.com/BLACKHORSE-RACING-Electric-Exhaust-Downpipe-Controller/dp/B07DLQ3QGJ/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1535984553&sr=8-17&keywords=electric+cutout

818iP6roPdL._SL1500_.jpg

I'm hearing to just go with the GM Borla system and be done with it.  

Again, I want a nice low growl on start up and idle... with a good mean growl when I get on it.  I don't want ANY drone sound when driving. That makes me crazy!   I didn't know that this existed until I drove another truck that did just this!  LOVED it. 

I'm seeing reviews and also youtube videos on the GM Borla exhaust system that will do this.  I like it.  

What about Magnaflow?  Do they make one like this??

Thanks!!

Since your in Texas I’d check out these guys and see what they can do for you or explain what your wanting and see if they can point you in the right direction. If I wanted true duals this is the place I would go even though it’s a 12 hour drive one way for me (seen some of their work in person). The other factor IMO is wether or not you’re willing to delete the AFM (V4 mode) or if you did on your 16? If you read or have read though some of the other exhaust threads on here you’ll see that some setups the drone is caused and/or added to from it. 

http://www.kinneysmufflershop.com/kinneysmufflershop.com/HOME.html

They have TONS of videos of these trucks with different setups.

4 hours ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Magnaflow doesn't have the flapper, so more than likely it will drone. 

GM Borla has the flapper. I have the GM Borla. NO DRONE.

So, it sounds like the GM Borla is what I'm describing.  I will make some calls today...  I'll do a self install to save some $$ good GOD it's expensive!   ugh!

• Like 1

I have the GM Borla as well. I did it in my driveway by myself in 20 minutes. Best sound with no drone and not noticeable while cruising! Worth the money. Consider the money you spent on the truck, don't cheap out now lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Denali34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Denali34 said:

I have the GM Borla as well. I did it in my driveway by myself in 20 minutes. Best sound with no drone and not noticeable while cruising! Worth the money. Consider the money you spent on the truck, don't cheap out now lol :rolleyes:

LOVE THIS!!   Thank you!!   

• Like 1

I have the GM Borla.  In my opinion it's a waste of money.  If it's any louder over stock it's minimal at best.  It is definitely very quiet driving and cruising around town.  It really does sound just like stock, maybe 3-5 decibels louder.  If you are going for the look it's great, if you are doing it for the sound find something else to spend the money on.

19 minutes ago, Centex14 said:

I have the GM Borla.  In my opinion it's a waste of money.  If it's any louder over stock it's minimal at best.  It is definitely very quiet driving and cruising around town.  It really does sound just like stock, maybe 3-5 decibels louder.  If you are going for the look it's great, if you are doing it for the sound find something else to spend the money on.

That's weird that yours is only minimally louder than stock. Mine is very noticeable.  So much so that my next door neighbor came over and asked if I made my truck louder lol.  She said she could hear it start up in her house that was closed up.  Said she never heard it before. 

• Like 1

I do know my boss has the Borla exhaust installed from GM when he bought it. I only know this since I told him I was doing a magnaflow. I honestly didn’t hear a big diff when he started it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk