Pro Comp 4” Lift Kit for Denali w/ Magneride

After looking over several kits I decided to have the Pro Comp 4” lift installed on my truck. It had the best reviews and my local shop recommended the kit. It uses my factory magneride shocks. Couldn’t be happier. I originally planned on the Fabtech 4” kit but decided against it when I saw the parts being replaced. Here is the kit if anyone is interested. Kept my stock 22’s without the need for spacers. Rides amazing. Now I wait on the Magnuson Supercharger to be installed next month...

https://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=3533&pl=1808&partno=EXPK1173B

27791cb07f28ce6f2deb1a00d2a01bf4.jpg

18870692240d11b6e80035cf77bb01e1.jpgc8425f911e5bcae774115bb407995eb4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

After looking over several kits I decided to have the Pro Comp 4” lift installed on my truck. It had the best reviews and my local shop recommended the kit. It uses my factory magneride shocks. Couldn’t be happier. I originally planned on the Fabtech 4” kit but decided against it when I saw the parts being replaced. Here is the kit if anyone is interested. Kept my stock 22’s without the need for spacers. Rides amazing. Now I wait on the Magnuson Supercharger to be installed next month...
https://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=3533&pl=1808&partno=EXPK1173B

Looks awesome! Any frame modifications or grinding required Any issues returning to stock if needed?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Looks awesome! Any frame modifications or grinding required Any issues returning to stock if needed?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

No cutting or grinding. It drops the diff with new hardware. 100% returnable to stock. Major reason I went with this kit. Guaranteed no stabilitrak issues as well. Very well made kit. The only downfall I ever read on Pro Comp is their shocks aren’t that great. Luckily I kept my magneride [emoji4]

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 2:16 AM, 2018DenaliGuy said:

Denali 34,

What year is your truck because I checked the fitment for my 2018 Denali and it does not fit. Also what size tires and rims do you have? 22x9 and 285/45?

This x2

On 9/24/2018 at 8:16 AM, 2018DenaliGuy said:

Denali 34,

What year is your truck because I checked the fitment for my 2018 Denali and it does not fit. Also what size tires and rims do you have? 22x9 and 285/45?

The used that same kit number for the 2017 year models. There is no difference in the truck between 2017 and 2018 year models. That kit comes with rear shocks which you will not need if you have Magneride. You will need to purchase the extension brackets not listed with the kit. The wheels I have are the stock 22" wheels. I believe they are 9" wide. The clear the upper control arms. The stock 20" that come on the trucks will not clear and will require spacers. I am running 285/55R22 tires. 

Edited by Denali34
  • Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:32 PM, Denali34 said:

No cutting or grinding. It drops the diff with new hardware. 100% returnable to stock. Major reason I went with this kit. Guaranteed no stabilitrak issues as well. Very well made kit. The only downfall I ever read on Pro Comp is their shocks aren’t that great. Luckily I kept my magneride emoji4.png

Pretty sure you can't drop the diff with just new hardware. Still have to cut the rear crossmember pocket on the driver side to lower the diff.

• 8 months later...

Denali 34, 

I got a fabtech 3.5" budget kit and was a big mistake. Truck makes clunking noice over any bump or pot holes and we finally concluded that it was poor quality control arms with and ball joints and control arm bushings. Can't believe they sell that kit, especially for a Denali that has one the best rides out there...absolute crap and disappointment.  Not sure if it's only my truck, but I can't imagine anyone being happy with this if they are all like that.

I'm looking to install the Pro Comp kit since it utilizes the stock control arms and wondering if you could let me know who installed it for you so I can contact them to get a bit of details on the magneride bracket and what they did.

Any info would be great.

Cheers!

Denali 34, 

I got a fabtech 3.5" budget kit and was a big mistake. Truck makes clunking noice over any bump or pot holes and we finally concluded that it was poor quality control arms with and ball joints and control arm bushings. Can't believe they sell that kit, especially for a Denali that has one the best rides out there...absolute crap and disappointment.  Not sure if it's only my truck, but I can't imagine anyone being happy with this if they are all like that.
I'm looking to install the Pro Comp kit since it utilizes the stock control arms and wondering if you could let me know who installed it for you so I can contact them to get a bit of details on the magneride bracket and what they did.
Any info would be great.

Cheers!

ProComp would be 4WHEELPARTS. I don’t get it, why buy a Denali and put crap suspension on it! You should look at getting a CST 4.5” Suspension lift, superior quality and will add value to your truck at time of sale especially selling to someone that’s knowledgeable on Lifts. ProComp is ok, crap shocks and coil overs. If I was you I’d put it all back to stock, sell it, save up and buy a CST Lift
https://www.newlevelmotorsports.com/cskc3191.html
YOU’LL LOVE IT! Doesn’t widen your track width, keeps your stock wheels and tires up to 35”, superior heavy duty reinforced lift second to none.

Sent from above

• 2 months later...
On 6/13/2019 at 11:01 AM, Denali 42 said:

Denali 34, 

Any info would be great.

Cheers!

Nope...Not just your truck...I have messaged and emailed Fabtech abios the issue and I am waiting on a response.  

Just to sum up what I did...We ended up replacing 4 ball joints since they said that was the problem, and they were wrong.  The originals were loose when you pushed on top of the tire with quite some force and made some noise. The replacements were a little better but not perfect by any means. They kept saying that there's springs in the ball joints and it should move a little.  Well I'm no mechanic, but that ball joint should be solid. I was on the phone many times and all they kept saying is it was a bad install and I went to 3 different shops that do lifts all day long and all told me that these were bad bushings or ball joints...the bushings ARE extreme poor quality. There are not tight at all in the control arm.

I just got so frustrated that they kept passing the buck instead of admitting there product didn't work.

I ended up going to the BDS 6" for the magneride with larger 35" tires...boy, WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

It rides pretty close to stock now, the larger 12 ply tires create stronger jolts over sharp edged bumps but the ride is solid. No more noise coming from the front end.

I'm just sharing this info cause I went through hell for a couple months trying to figure out what was wrong with the install and if we missed something when the whole time it was there kit. You buy the most expensive truck and then put a kit on there that is suppose to work and then get front end noise driving out of the shop...GGGRRRRRRR.

Long story short....I wouldn't buy this Fabtech kit for the magneride.

I'll try to get some pics of it later this week. 

Edited by Denali 42

• 4 months later...
On 9/5/2018 at 3:22 PM, Denali34 said:

Hii im new to this magneride with denali trucks i have a 2018 sierra denali is this procomp 4”lift compatible with my truck in the link it only says 14-16  trucks i want to keep everything oem just the suspension lift no mods please help thank you