Intermittent Radio/Camera Problems

On 9/23/2018 at 10:47 AM, Cmillerjr said:

Having a couple problems with the radio unit. First, a handful of times now when I shift into reverse, the camera activates but it’s like looking out of a bubble. If I put it into park and back to reverse it returns to normal. 

Second, this has only once, but last night I couldn’t get any sound out of the unit. No music, no sound from my phone (music or calls) wired or Bluetooth. I tried cycling the power on the radio, turning the truck off and back on, still no luck. 

After an extended period of time being turned off 1-2 hours, everything was back to normal. 

Im hoping there is a simple update that can be done. 

I also have been having problems with my radio, this morning, no music. Sometimes I'm driving and the volume spikes. I thought it was effected by the cold, but happens when it is nice also. Dealership said they will replace touch screen. Touch screen is on back order.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:32 PM, tommy2wheels said:

Getting the cable between the radio and the touchscreen replaced today to see if this resolves my issues with the blank screen/touchscreen not working.

Updated my original post but forgot about this one, short story is, after 24 days (yes 24 days in a row this time) at dealership, GM engineer stopped in, tested and sent results to China, China responded there are a lot of issues with these, they are aware and are working on software release to fix our radio issues, no timeline for it, did not provide me a case number to reference. I'll assume all this replacing parts, make us videos for proof, etc.. is just a time buyer for them. The configuration/combination should be easily identifiable for GM to be proactive and notify us rather than waste our time and their money on swapping out parts knowing it won't work long term or at all. 

• 3 months later...

I have a 2020 GMC Sierra and i am having Radio issues.  At first it would not recognize anyone's fingerprints on the touch screen and the main screen would display "No content available" instead of the radio station or whatnot, It also would randomly switch to my phone or blue tooth or whatever for no reason.  I took to dealer and they reprogrammed it.  drove off and 3 minutes later started doing the same thing so i took it back.  They then replaced the main screen. This has lasted about two weeks and it is starting to act up again by displaying the "no content available" and the touch screen is not responding when trying to switch stations or over to iphone, etc..  Anyone else experience this yet?

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2019 at 3:52 PM, J2Jones said:

I have noticed this too.  Changing stations up and down brings sound back.

I'm experiencing the same issue with my 2019: when you start the truck, no sound comes out about 50% of the time. The only thing I found that gets it going again is to change stations. It doesn't seem to matter if I left it in Sirrius or FM.

Has anyone gotten the issue resolved either by replacement or software update?