Intermittent Radio/Camera Problems

Having a couple problems with the radio unit. First, a handful of times now when I shift into reverse, the camera activates but it’s like looking out of a bubble. If I put it into park and back to reverse it returns to normal. 

Second, this has only once, but last night I couldn’t get any sound out of the unit. No music, no sound from my phone (music or calls) wired or Bluetooth. I tried cycling the power on the radio, turning the truck off and back on, still no luck. 

After an extended period of time being turned off 1-2 hours, everything was back to normal. 

Im hoping there is a simple update that can be done. 

I have the same problem with the camera.  Has happened a few times.  I think the camera uses a software to change the bubble to a surround type view.  And sometimes it doesn't kick in correctly.

I am thinking a software update will fix it pretty easily.

I have the same problem with the camera too. Only happened a couple times when I put the truck into reverse. I haven’t experienced any issues with the sound.

My 16 Silverado had some issues connecting  to CarPlay and playing sound. So far my 19 has connected to CarPlay and playing sound just fine. 

Hopefully an update will fix the camera bubble issue. 

1 hour ago, Cmillerjr said:

A friend of mine works at my local dealer and I had him check for a TSB. He said it says GM is aware of the condition, no correction as of yet. Engineering is working on a software fix. 

cool, let us know if you hear anymore info.. 

On 9/24/2018 at 9:48 AM, Cmillerjr said:

A friend of mine works at my local dealer and I had him check for a TSB. He said it says GM is aware of the condition, no correction as of yet. Engineering is working on a software fix. 

any news on this? There is a way in the infotainment system to check for updates. I was curious if this would be an update so we didn’t even have to go to the dealer.

1 minute ago, JacobC1983 said:

any news on this? There is a way in the infotainment system to check for updates. I was curious if this would be an update so we didn’t even have to go to the dealer.

I stopped at the dealer yesterday to check and there is nothing available yet. I asked if when available if it could be downloaded automatically and they weren’t sure. They said they thought the automatic update was for non-functional updates like for a carrier or signal. 

59 minutes ago, 1997_GSX said:

Mine has the same backup camera issue. More times it’s wrong than right for some reason. It’s happened at least 20 times in the last month.

FD244568-183A-4DF2-9E96-C49F3A7FA1CE.jpeg

Yep, that’s exactly what mine does. To my knowledge there still isn’t a fix yet. 

Me too.  Exact same thing.  Thank you Cmillerjr for staying on top of this and checking in with your dealer as to when a fix is available.

6 hours ago, Cmillerjr said:

Yep, that’s exactly what mine does. To my knowledge there still isn’t a fix yet. 

8 hours ago, Cmillerjr said:

Still a bunch of crap buy a 60k truck and they can’t finely tune something that is used every day. Does anyone else have a rattle coming from in the cab back in the rear when going over bumps? I have yet to take the time to figure out what that is