Intermittent Radio/Camera Problems

I have a 2020 AT4 HD with 250miles on it and my screen froze yesterday. Completely unresponsive. Pulled over and turned the truck off two or three times on my hour drive home. Didn't work at all. Hoping its fixed when I leave the house today. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2018 at 9:50 AM, 1997_GSX said:

Still a bunch of crap buy a 60k truck and they can’t finely tune something that is used every day. Does anyone else have a rattle coming from in the cab back in the rear when going over bumps? I have yet to take the time to figure out what that is 

I know this sounds super dumb, but lift the rear seat and see if there is anything loose rolling around in the storage area. When I first got mine, every time I went over the railroad tracks near my home I was hearing a dull thumping sound from the rear of the cab. I found my jack and the tools provided weren't strapped down.

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2019 at 6:28 PM, cozzy said:

the only way to get sound out of my 2019 is the change the radio station when the no sound thing happens

I have noticed this too.  Changing stations up and down brings sound back.

I have a very similar problem where if the truck is turned on and it was previously on a Sirius radio channel, sound will play for about 10 seconds and then stop.  I have to change channels for the sound to come back otherwise it never does.  It does *not* happen with FM radio, only if the truck starts on a Sirius station.

I took it to dealer and they replaced the radio inside the dash and it still does it.  There is a new software update out and my truck is updating right now.  Fingers crossed...

My radio went completely dead as soon as i got it home from the dealer. About 1.2 kilometers (about 3/4 mile).  Turned around and went back. They disconnected the battery for a few minutes to reset it.  Radio started to spike the volume randomly for a second or two several times over the last month and a half.  Now the radio froze and then went completely dead on the weekend.  The dealer had a mobile crew come in to look at it today and they will be replacing the radio.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, Wendy Smith Legro said:

2019 Sierra and just hit 4K for mileage. Lost all sound out of the speakers? No radio, phone, nothing. Real sad for a brand new truck. Suggestions? 

Same here.  5000 miles. Radio complete blank. Has frozen in past. Fix this @GMCustomerService!!

I have a 2019 Custom and have ahd it about 7 months. I have had several serious issues with the readio/ herad unit like some of the other guys. Ihave already had it replaced under warranty Once**- but it keeps having the same issues:

1. Unit shuts down  while im driving down the road.

2. Head Unit freezes and becomes locked out while playing music/ driving down the road.

3. wont open Carplay/recognize the phone- does same thing in bluetooth mode*

4. Stops playing in Car play mode/ and freezes out that icon, but everything else works*- Chevy told me to take a video of the issue while driving down the road...WTF.

Has anyone had any success with radio problems ? Mine has been blacking out and freezing since 70 km.The dealership says they cannot repair without updated software and it is not released for the base radio yet.Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.