Car Play Update for iPhones

AE1M

Since upgrading iPhone7 to IOS12, now Waze and Google Maps are available on my 2016 system.  Cool to see the satellite view while driving with Google Maps or the Waze screen and notifications.  Guess Apple is now allowing more apps to be connected to Car Play.

WAZE requires the latest app version (4.43.4), which was just released on Monday. 

You should also grab the latest version of Google maps. 5.1 was released yesterday. At minimum, you'll need version 5.0 which was released last week. 

I set my phone to auto update my apps, so I'm always running the latest versions.

Edited by Loco-diablo

7 hours ago, moparsigfan said:

I have iOS 12 but haven’t seen either google maps or Waze available on my trucks CarPlay screen. Is there a setting I have to change somewhere (in phone or truck) to get them to appear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to update the apps themselves to get them to show up in CarPlay.

Also, don't get *too* excited about Waze on CarPlay just yet, it has been locking up and crashing on me quite a bit.

Edited by Darmichar

4 hours ago, Darmichar said:

Also, don't get *too* excited about Waze on CarPlay just yet, it has been locking up and crashing on me quite a bit.

I'm an android guy and Waze became available in Android Auto a few months back.  It too had some initial kinks in the program.  Just ran Waze through Android Auto today on around a 400 mile road trip.  Not a single hiccup.  They will get the Carplay version sorted out in short order.  Best travel app out there in my opinion.

• Like 1

Waze has been fine so far for me.
2017 Silverado io6 system with iPhone 8.

I got the Google Maps and Waze working great on CarPlay no issues so far I wish there was a weather ap that worked on Apple car play 

Just an FYI, but The newer GM mylink systems allow you to download weather channel app directly to the system. Not sure what system you have.

6 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

Just an FYI, but The newer GM mylink systems allow you to download weather channel app directly to the system. Not sure what system you have.

Do 2018 Silverados have newer mylink?

31 minutes ago, Stevan said:

Do 2018 Silverados have newer mylink?

If you have the io5/io6 system with the Shop APP, you can download apps directly to the system. 

There maybe other systems that support the shop app. This started with 2017 models.

1 minute ago, Loco-diablo said:

If you have the io5/io6 system with the Shop APP, you can download apps directly to the system. 

There maybe other systems that support the shop app. This started with 2017 models.

Mine looks completely different.  How do I find out the version? 

And I did not see a shop app there.