Centennial Grill Emblem on a 2014?

2 hours ago, Bobaloo22 said:

That looks great! I'm intrigued , how hard was it? I may have to copy that, it looks so good 

Thanks. It’s a long process so time and LOTS of patience are needed.

-start by taking a deep breath because you more than likely paid  between $65 and $100 for this emblem.

-start by removing the adhesive tape from the back. 

-using a radial arm saw and a sharp carbide blade, cut a 3/16” deep slot down the back from top to bottom

-copy the angle of the bottom of the grill pocket with a contour gauge.

-I put mine half way in a wood padded vise and began to SLOWLY and evenly heating the middle area until it bends. This step alone took me at least half an hour. I got about 75% of the bend in this step.

-now do the same to the outer portions creating the needed contour.

(lots of dry fitting)

—you will need to shave about 1/16” off of the sides and round over the points just a bit to get it in.

-double stick tape from there??

- andvthe square part of the new bow tie is narrower than the old one so you will have some “gappage” on the sides. I did some strategic filling with silver silicone.

Edited by Cheverado

41 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Wow, that's a lot of dedication and patience to fit an emblem that was made to fit an actual centennial truck onto a non-centennial truck.  ?  Good job!

Thanks, I just hate it when somebody tells me I can’t have something

On 10/5/2018 at 6:08 PM, Cheverado said:

Since they don’t make one to fit the 2014-2015 front grille,  I “massaged” a tailgate emblem to fit.

74C870A3-C05D-468B-B27C-F01C2D5B3C62.jpeg

So I get home today and this is what I see.they got the bow tie and the license plate with the bracket?

AE3B1189-00ED-4292-BC11-2B65BADCAB02.jpeg

1 hour ago, Cheverado said:

So I get home today and this is what I see.they got the bow tie and the license plate with the bracket?

AE3B1189-00ED-4292-BC11-2B65BADCAB02.jpeg

Unbelievable, I hate thieves.  Karma will eventually catch up to them.  Put a claim in and get yourself an illuminated bow tie, or replace it with the centennial. Then again the centennial may get stolen again. ?

12 minutes ago, Z71RED said:

Unbelievable, I hate thieves.  Karma will eventually catch up to them.  Put a claim in and get yourself an illuminated bow tie, or replace it with the centennial. Then again the centennial may get stolen again. ?

Correct, I just put the old one back. In fact I put the gold bow tie back on the tail gate as well

2 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

They better hope you don't see it on another truck. Since its a custom made piece, it won't be hard to prove they stole it.

That’s what I was thinking