Terrible starting 2014 Sierra

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue with my truck starting. I have a 2014 Sierra SLT with the 5.3L motor. Intermittently when it sits overnight when I get into my truck or use my remote start it won't start. I hear the gear on the starter shooting out and engaging but the truck won't crank. Then if I wait a few minutes and try again it starts right up and will go all day without another issue. I thought it was the battery and I had it tested and they said it was a bad cell. They replaced the battery and all was good for a month. Now I'm having the issue again and the battery, starter, and alternator are all testing good. I get no trouble lights or anything like that and once it starts it runs perfectly. Has anyone seen this happening with these trucks? Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue with my truck starting. I have a 2014 Sierra SLT with the 5.3L motor. Intermittently when it sits overnight when I get into my truck or use my remote start it won't start. I hear the gear on the starter shooting out and engaging but the truck won't crank. Then if I wait a few minutes and try again it starts right up and will go all day without another issue. I thought it was the battery and I had it tested and they said it was a bad cell. They replaced the battery and all was good for a month. Now I'm having the issue again and the battery, starter, and alternator are all testing good. I get no trouble lights or anything like that and once it starts it runs perfectly. Has anyone seen this happening with these trucks? Any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks in advance!

My 14 dbl cab 5.3 sle has just begun slow starting as it passed 50k miles. Acts like fuel starved because of "drain back" while sitting for 1/2 day or more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is a little different. Once it cranks it fired right up. It's almost like the VATS isn't letting the truck start. It just occurred to me a few minutes ago that maybe there's something wrong with the transponder in my key. I'm going to switch to my spare and see what happens.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:44 AM, BringTheRain403 said:

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

We’re sorry to hear about this intermittent no start issue, BringTheRain403. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and your feedback has not gone unheard. If you’re considering visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, to determine the root cause of your vehicle concern. Feel free to send us a private message, if you would like to further discuss your situation.

Anthony J.

• 6 months later...

Did you ever figure it out? I have a 2014 Rado, few months ago my FOB  wouldn't start my vehicle. It happened intermittently so I figured it needed a battery. Today for the first time not only did the FOB not respond, when I used the key it did absolutely nothing with the first couple attempts.