2018 GMC sierra front end noise. Less than 300 Miles!

2018 GMC sierra. Third day I had it noticed a growl/moan/whine coming from front driver side. Tried rotating tires didn’t help. Stopped there knowing I had a truck 3 days off the lot, less than 300 miles on it. Shouldnt be working on it or have to.  Took it into dealership here in Mt. Vernon, Indiana. They claim road/tire noise. I got the technician to admit he heard/felt what I did. Definitely noticeable 30-50mph. Again they claim no noise heard and tires to be the source on receipt. Which is a lie. If thats the case (which it isnt) the tires should be replaced under warranty. GM is loosing my trust. 

Edited by 2018GmcSierra1500

Makes you sick knowing what yourself and others give for these vehicles and get nothing but run around. Best friends when its time to sell a new one though! The receptionist even lied and said she left me a voicemail. Number was printed clearly on receipt. “Guess you got my voicemail!” Told her she left someone else a voicemail. 

Bad part is, with all the "annoyances" mine has had I'm looking at trading mine for a 2018 this weekend. My truck has 27000 miles and don't want to spend the rest of the warranty going back and forth to stealerships. Truly a shame.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2018 GMC sierra. Third day I had it noticed a growl/moan/whine coming from front driver side. Tried rotating tires didn’t help. Stopped there knowing I had a truck 3 days off the lot, less than 300 miles on it. Shouldnt be working on it or have to.  Took it into dealership here in Mt. Vernon, Indiana. They claim road/tire noise. I got the technician to admit he heard/felt what I did. Definitely noticeable 30-50mph. Again they claim no noise heard and tires to be the source on receipt. Which is a lie. If thats the case (which it isnt) the tires should be replaced under warranty. GM is loosing my trust. 
Same symptoms my 2014 had in first few days. Look for rear transfer case out of specs. They replaced mine and axles and ??? but problem disappeared. Now 50k and totally trouble free truck.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, 2018GmcSierra1500 said:

Hey there, 2018GmcSierra1500. At General Motors, we hold your vehicle experience to a high standard. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and your feedback has no gone unheard. If you’re considering re-visiting your servicing GM dealership or a second dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them, as an additional layer of support. Feel free to send us a private message.

Anthony J.

19 hours ago, 2018GmcSierra1500 said:

Lol! Not in 4wd. You must think like the dealership. Not a complete idiot and don’t claim to know everything. But I work on pumps, valves, gear boxes, etc every day. I know what normal “road” noise is. 

I don't know...crankman asked a simple, yet very valid question, yet you state he must think like the dealership.  Having been dealing with customers at a dealership 9 years, I've seen a good number of folks with trucks and front end noise during spring/summer/fall that was caused by having the truck in AUTO or 4HI. 

Edited by newdude
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 6:02 PM, B R A D said:

Bad part is, with all the "annoyances" mine has had I'm looking at trading mine for a 2018 this weekend. My truck has 27000 miles and don't want to spend the rest of the warranty going back and forth to stealerships. Truly a shame.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Staying with GM?

Jim