Disabling AUTO Headlights

Has anyone come up with a way to disable just the auto headlights?  I don’t want to turn off the DRLs and I know if I turn the headlight switch to the left it disables the DRLs. For some reason my 18 is so sensitive in the auto headlights. Going home today they headlights came on around 4:30pm. The sun was shining etc. No clue why they would just turn on. Anyways if anyone has come up with something and I’m just not seeing it let me know. Thanks. 

Maybe your sensor is faulty.  Your truck is covered under warranty and worth asking the question.  I've had my truck for over 3 years and headlights turn on and off appropriately.   Most vehicles now are produced with automatic exterior lighting.   Those of us with our personal built-in light sensors who automatically reach for the light switch at dusk are becoming a rarity.  For the benefit of others driving your vehicle in the future, I recommend keeping this feature active. 

Has anyone just unplugged the sensor? I've modded my light switch so that I have to manually turn them on but the dash lights are also tied into the sensor and these are the ones that bother me with numerous switches at dusk.

14 hours ago, Maxsuperdog said:

Has anyone just unplugged the sensor? I've modded my light switch so that I have to manually turn them on but the dash lights are also tied into the sensor and these are the ones that bother me with numerous switches at dusk.

If you have automatic climate control you don't want to unhook it as it also helps control the temp.