Bolstering 5100 vs. eibach pro truck sport

Anyone ever compare these to Bilsteins?

Also curious if Eibach has an opinion on ride quality/harshness using stock springs or the Eibach springs.  Seems the Eibachs use a coil with more wraps (longer) which could make it softer.  

Edited by Yondu

20 hours ago, Yondu said:

Anyone ever compare these to Bilsteins?

Also curious if Eibach has an opinion on ride quality/harshness using stock springs or the Eibach springs.  Seems the Eibachs use a coil with more wraps (longer) which could make it softer.  

I specifically asked Eibach about their spring rate when I bought my shocks from them.  Their statement was that their springs were designed for trucks with winches and other accessories.  If you dont have a heavier front end than stock then their springs arent going to help as they are stiffer than the stock spring rate.

Are y'all replacing UCA's when you install the eibach kit?  Ready lift makes it seem like it's an absolute must to run anything larger than stock tires.  I'm looking to run 275/65s or 285/60s on my stock rims.  Maybe....the ridge grapplers in 35x11.50s if they'll fit.  Somehow Readylift is claiming they'll fit with their 2.25" kit. 

On 11/4/2018 at 4:46 PM, RHStansbury said:

Are y'all replacing UCA's when you install the eibach kit?  Ready lift makes it seem like it's an absolute must to run anything larger than stock tires.  I'm looking to run 275/65s or 285/60s on my stock rims.  Maybe....the ridge grapplers in 35x11.50s if they'll fit.  Somehow Readylift is claiming they'll fit with their 2.25" kit. 

I didn't change my UCA's, and have no issues with rubbing,  (Eibach kit including springs installed on lowest setting). I am running 275/65/R2 BFG KO2's on factory rims.

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone report on their experiences since posting on Eibach with factory springs?  Any comparisons to Bilstein(better worse same)... I’m in the market and comparing the two.. thanks.

• 10 months later...
On 10/29/2018 at 1:45 PM, Waterfowler41 said:

2.5” on the lowest setting only if you install the springs. If you do not install eibach’s springs, the lowest setting is stock height.

Waterfowler 41’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brittmork

So 2.5" lift at the Lowest setting With their springs, can you get More height with the higher notch settings? if so, how much height is each notch?

I have a 2014 Silverado, and I am Currently running Bilstein 5100 in all 4 corners, but want just a little more up front. Bilstein states 1.85"  lift, while Eibach is 2.5". I would like to get closer to 3" without going over, but will be Happy with the 2.5" Eibach's 

Good Video by the way

Edited by oldhick

• 1 month later...

I know old post, but I went ahead a went with the Eibach kit set on 1st notch which is 2.5" lift and stock UCA's, and sitting at 38.5" Drivers side, and 38 3/4 Passengers side.  

I have a SuperSprings helper spring on the rear of my truck to help with towing a Travel trailer. The helper spring took the rear up to 40", so almost an inch higher in rear now, which gives the truck the front down rake again. Thinking of getting rid of the helper spring and staying stock in rear. That way it'll sit fairly level.

What are some thoughts about keeping rear helper spring and going up to the SECOND notch on the Eibachs, and getting Cognito upper control arms. The second notch on the Eibachs with their springs say 3.2" online, but in the instructions that came with my kits, it says second notch is 3"

Below my 2014 Silverado LT with Eibach PRO lift front struts and springs, and Eibach rear shocks, along with a SuperSpring helper spring in rear.

20200723_163339-1.jpg

• 4 months later...

Installed new Arnott/Eibach rear shocks with air leveling included on our 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali to bypass the poor performing MRC

Went in perfectly, the electronic bypass was an exact match to the GMC OEM connector, no codes so far

Auto level works the same, pumped up at install haven't heard the compressor come on since.  Ride height is about 1' higher 

Wife loves the new smoother ride over speed bumps and dips no more double or triple bounce.

Front Arnott/Eibach front struts are on order will be here next week for install