BFG k02 tires

Can somebody explain why ko2 is so slippery in the rain with very little throttle straight line or cornering... stop and go.

Tires came with the truck plenty of tread left.

16 SLT, 4wd.

Worse tire in the WORLD...

6bf722f510a136ff27b3223646b91aaa.jpg3565658420a41a0a08f89b25e8a8a81b.jpgf8fde36cfd5aec23284734cb7e489244.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have KO2s on the 18" wheels and I haven't got any problems with traction in the rain.  They're not sticky road tires and I treat them like that, but compared to the SR-A pieces of $h!t that were on there originally, these are made of glue.  

Those SR-As would slip if I even looked a the accelerator on a hill in the rain unless I used 4wd.  Stopping was no better.  

I should add... I haven't driven them in cold weather yet.  My brother's in Nashville and said winter's upon you folks up there.  I get lots of rain down here in FL, but nothing cold yet.  We'll see how they do when I go NC this Christmas.  Good luck with yours though.

Edited by papageoff
  • Like 2

I have KO2s on the 18" wheels and I haven't got any problems with traction in the rain.  They're not sticky road tires and I treat them like that, but compared to the SR-A pieces of $h!t that were on there originally, these are made of glue.  

Those SR-As would slip if I even looked a the accelerator on a hill in the rain unless I used 4wd.  Stopping was no better.  

I should add... I haven't driven them in cold weather yet.  My brother's in Nashville and said winter's upon you folks up there.  I get lots of rain down here in FL, but nothing cold yet.  We'll see how they do when I go NC this Christmas.  Good luck with yours though.
Thanks for knowledge,
I plan on changing tires @ the end of Jan.

Any recommendations on tires?
This is my 1st, 4wd truck.

They look sweet. I have them on all my trucks but will prob switch to a more highway tread on the 18 since the BFG K02 seem to grab any and all rocks and pebbles then eject them approaching highway speeds and I cringe when I hear a rock hit the side of my truck. I have mudflaps and my tires do not protrude beyond the fender.

I love how the K02 look but they are not known for high mileage, they are an off road tire after all but you see them on lots of pavement pounders including mine :-) until the occasional camping trip.

Edited by 2009GMC
  • Like 2

Thanks for knowledge,
I plan on changing tires @ the end of Jan.

Any recommendations on tires?
This is my 1st, 4wd truck.

Depending on your usage, Nitto Ridge Grapplers or Toyo RT’s are exceptional tires and virtually indestructible with good all around and excellent mileage reviews. KO2’s look like sissy tires compared to these Ridge Grapplers b19444659b4d6459e7392d40abe64c2f.jpg
  • Like 2

Something isn't right.  I've had no problems at all with the AT KO2 in the rain.  What tires were on your truck before, and how long did you have them on there?  

When it first rains after a long time without rain, it tends to be very slippery regardless of what tire you have.  So perhaps you experienced that phenomenon and thought it was a tire issue?  

• Like 2

Had KO2 on my last several vehicles (GM full size trucks and SUVs) and drove my current 2017 Silverado in freezing rain for 35 miles today on a set of 265/65R18 E load range All Terrain KO2s. I wouldn't be so quick to blame these tires but I will say Michelin is a great alternative if you don't like the added weight and noise but I doubt you'll notice much of any improvement in wet traction... anything is better than the stock SRAs... they made it a scary 111 miles on my truck last winter before I had an appointment to swap them out. 

What air pressure are you running? What were the temps? How long had it been raining? I think there must be more to the story than the KO2s just not being good in the rain, I have well over 100k miles on them combined and I deal with some of mother natures most intense offerings.

• Like 1

38psi
47 degrees outside .
20 inch tires.

Taking off from a light /stop sign is the worse the rear of the truck will slide left or right on any given rain day.

Once it gets going it okay

38psi

47 degrees outside .

20 inch tires.

Taking off from a light /stop sign is the worse the rear of the truck will slide left or right on any given rain day.

Once it gets going it okay

e871f916123ae29826433f6426ec0d81.jpg

7aa0a91667c65eb700458726057e4d46.jpg

ed38cfefa5588b7191d4608f0af03849.jpg

Mine

c8f78ec84caa6ef8c7f9b185b21d92d1.jpg

You’re in good shape with any of these, the size is approximately 1” taller at 275/60/20 instead of your stock 275/55/20. Falken wild peaks are highly liked on these forums. Mine are the Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

• Like 1

e871f916123ae29826433f6426ec0d81.jpg
7aa0a91667c65eb700458726057e4d46.jpg
ed38cfefa5588b7191d4608f0af03849.jpg

Mine
c8f78ec84caa6ef8c7f9b185b21d92d1.jpg

You’re in good shape with any of these, the size is approximately 1” taller at 275/60/20 instead of your stock 275/55/20. Falken wild peaks are highly liked on these forums. Mine are the Nitto Ridge Grapplers.
Good morning brother you made my day.

Thank you for the knowledge, because I wasn't really sure about which tire to purchase you help make my selection a lot easier.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

The Wilson's. ..

• Like 1

Good morning brother you made my day.

Thank you for the knowledge, because I wasn't really sure about which tire to purchase you help make my selection a lot easier.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

The Wilson's. ..

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well.
  • Like 1