Hood SCOOP 2500HD

I have been a very loyal Chevy/GM guy. 

Owned a 2002-1500 then went to a 2007-1500 and I currently own a 2011-2500HD.  I love the truck but have had it for about 6 years now and I am starting to look at new trucks.  I am looking for my next truck to be a diesel just because I have never owned a diesel and Its one of those things I have always wanted.  I do minimal towing, no plowing, and light work out of my truck (pick up pavers, trees, ex for my landscaping business) 

So lets talk SCOOPS !!!  

I have to say that the HOOD scoop on the new HD is horrible.   I cant get passed it when looking at these new trucks.  I have loved my chevy's but I am considering a different truck all together. 

Anyone else turned off completely from these SCOOPS>> 

-Matt 

• 2 months later...

Yeah it is a functional scoop to help that Duramax breathe. You could look at a 2015-2016 that didn't have the scoop, or look into a swap as others have suggested. If you intend to swap, do a little research on the difference in air-flow. Wouldn't think it would change things too much, but I also wouldn't bet a new diesel motor on it.

Before I removed the hood with the scoop I would check and make sure you can find a safe place to get all the air you Duramax needs, I popped the hood on mine the other day with it idling and could not believe the pull of air into the engine, it had a slight whistle to it!!!  Just my two cents worth, also coming from an 11 truck myself I hated that black fake hood object on them, I had mine painted body color the first chance I had and then did not mind it so much after that.  Also when you are behind the wheel of your L5P you don't see the scoop anyways!!!  :jester: