Tried taking off the factory mud flaps and found this....

ChaseM

Today I decided to remove the factory mud flaps that come on the truck. I just don't like the look. I can deal with a little extra dirt. When I took them off I found this.

WCTHjr3.jpg

Theres a hole in the fender behind the flaps. Its like this on the front and back. Has anyone else ran into this? This is my first Chevy after owning Fords for a long time so I didn't know if this was an issue on the older body styles and someone makes a plug or something for the holes?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

Yeah there's plastic trim that fit over the corner's. Mine have them, and I have gatorbacks on. You must have the plastic splash guards?

Yeah, I have the plastic splashguards. So there is trim that I could order that gets rid of the splash guard part?

Any idea about the goofy piece thats in front of the back tire. That one has a hole behind it too. 

That is for the air spoiler installation.  Not sure if the spoiler and the flap are all one unit.  Also, I am not sure why you would want that area to be bare.  Good place for road debris rash.  I wish the Silverado was like the Sierra and had the wheel well guards.  This area has always been the first to lose paint on my trucks.  

Edited by teyaroch

3 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

The silverados do have the wheel well guards at least the majority of trucks I have looked at recently.  

Maybe I should clarify.  Wheel well opening or lip protector.  Also, wheel well liners are not installed in the rear of all of the T1.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2019-03-05 at 8:04 PM, Dannyessing said:

Anyone know where to buy these in the US? I tried getting the plugs off the truck hardware site and it’s Canadian currency only 

I wouldn’t recommend the gator back mudflaps. I have friends who have had them and they basically fall apart. However I do recommend cloud-riders designs LTD!    cloud-rider.com 

They have a mudflap they have been offering for at least 10 years now and I’ve been told by one of their reps that they haven’t had to do any warranty claims on it since launching a decade ago.  They also offer kickbacks for the 2019 Silverado and it is a much better and higher quality product than gatorback in my experience! While they are made in Canada too, they give an option for American currency on their website at the top right corner! They only offer a black plug for the the hole in the fender, however my friends who purchased gatorback for their 19 silverados say the paint on the coloured cap is already peeling off after minimal use...