Molded Splash Guard Pics Please

New to the forum. Just recently purchased my 2018 GMC 1500 Sierra Denali. I'm now in the process of adding some accessories. I am trying to decide if I should add the molded splash guards and have been trying to find some pictures online to see what they look like. To be honest I've searched around the forum a little and can't find a lot of pictures. I'm not sure if I like the looks yet and don't want to spend the money before getting a good idea of how it will change the looks of the truck. 

My truck color is white frost tricoat, so I was thinking about matching the splash guards to that color. 

I have noticed my truck throws a lot of mud/debri on both the rear fenders and on my side step bars (which then in turn gets tracked into the truck). 

Thanks in advance if anyone can share some pictures of the OEM (or other) molded splash guards, or if someone could point me to a thread that has some pictures. 

I have a 2015 Sierra. I purchased the weather tech guards right after I bought the truck. After several years of running those, I purchased the GM molded guards. This is because the weather tech ones rubbed the black trim up real bad and didn’t give much protection. The GM ones are WELL with the money in my opinion if you want the molded style. If not then I’d recommend Dura Flaps. There are a number of users on here who have those and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, jdaddy33 said:

New to the forum. Just recently purchased my 2018 GMC 1500 Sierra Denali. I'm now in the process of adding some accessories. I am trying to decide if I should add the molded splash guards and have been trying to find some pictures online to see what they look like. To be honest I've searched around the forum a little and can't find a lot of pictures. I'm not sure if I like the looks yet and don't want to spend the money before getting a good idea of how it will change the looks of the truck. 

My truck color is white frost tricoat, so I was thinking about matching the splash guards to that color. 

I have noticed my truck throws a lot of mud/debri on both the rear fenders and on my side step bars (which then in turn gets tracked into the truck). 

Thanks in advance if anyone can share some pictures of the OEM (or other) molded splash guards, or if someone could point me to a thread that has some pictures. 

White splash guards will look strange, unless you paint all the black plastic around the wheel wells white as well. 

17439320103x640.jpg

17439320140x640.jpg

Edited by rkj__
  • Like 2

I recently purchased a summit white SLT (in Columbus Ohio) and I put the weathertech flaps on.  Found a place on ebay for $70.  They install easy, fit well, and look fine.  I'm not sure how good a job they do but they are probably (maybe) just as good as the GM models.  I still get a lot of mud on the running boards and fenders.  I guess if I was doing it over, I would try another brand to hopefully find something that offers more protection.  I haven't experienced them rubbing the trim as noted above. 

GO BUCKS!!

• Like 1

I have weathertech in the front and Duraflap in the back.  The weathertechs taper to be narrower at the bottom than the top (where they attach to the truck) and just do an OK job of keeping stuff off the steps.  The rear are the same width all the way down and work awesome.  Not super stylish, but they get the job done.  I got the longer versions in the back to help keep stuff off the car/trailer when I am towing.

28162515307_28c4d8ce84_k.jpgIMG_20180626_182652411_HDR by Mike Kubiak, on Flickr

40936448654_c52f448155_k.jpgIMG_20180422_131349972_HDR by Mike Kubiak, on Flickr

• Like 2

I recently purchased a summit white SLT (in Columbus Ohio) and I put the weathertech flaps on.  Found a place on ebay for $70.  They install easy, fit well, and look fine.  I'm not sure how good a job they do but they are probably (maybe) just as good as the GM models.  I still get a lot of mud on the running boards and fenders.  I guess if I was doing it over, I would try another brand to hopefully find something that offers more protection.  I haven't experienced them rubbing the trim as noted above. 
GO BUCKS!!

Just wait on rubbing the trim. The twist lock mechanism they use doesn’t hold tight or at least in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, jdaddy33 said:

my name jerry I have set never open Weather tech Molded no drill mud flaps for sale  easy to install still in original  boxed will fit all Chevys  up to 2018 1500 and some 2500  trucks  email me and ill give you price   $50 and share the shipping , if not anyone interested let me know

jerry

Gm factory guards,,  they worked great until I put spacers on my wheels and now I throw some mud on the side of the truck before I put the spacers on it worked great. These are just Factory mud guards installed by the dealer on purchase

15434363491585412840509634433236.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, definitely not going to go with the white gmc molded ones (i agree that would look bad). I will either do black or has anyone heard of or installed the gatorback brand? They look pretty sharp, similar to duraflap but can get them in a variety of logo's and colors. links below....

https://www.sharptruck.com/truck-hardware-gatorback-gmc-logo-mud-flaps

https://www.truckhardware.ca/products/category/8-mud-flaps?year=2018&make=GMC&model=Sierra+1500#filters