Does anyone have a 6.2 w/ Max Tow Package?

Really getting the itch to get out of my 2105 HD 2500 Dmax. It's a great truck but really more than I need given I tow twice a year. A 6.2 Max tow would be good.

I lookd at 2018 Max Tow but refuse to get the 8 speed auto, too many people with the vibration issue. 

The 19 6.2 is sharp.

10 hours ago, avalonandl said:

Really getting the itch to get out of my 2105 HD 2500 Dmax. It's a great truck but really more than I need given I tow twice a year. A 6.2 Max tow would be good.

I lookd at 2018 Max Tow but refuse to get the 8 speed auto, too many people with the vibration issue. 

The 19 6.2 is sharp.

We have a 2012 Silverado with the Max Tow.  I gave serious consideration to upgrading to a 2019, but there are too many "new's". New chassis, new transmission, upgraded 6.2L.  We have 110,000 miles on it and it has been a very reliable, comfortable truck. It's now our around town vehicle.  Wanting to go to a larger fifth wheel from travel trailers, we got the GMC with a Duramax. 

Interesting note: We took the GMC on an 8,000 road trip to the east coast, up to Maine, and back to Arizona.  Our Silverado on premium would have averaged 15mpg.  The GMC averaged 18mpg. Diesel was always less than Premium, and frequently less than Regular.  Only when we got back to Phoenix did diesel get back above Premium.  So we are offsetting part of the truck payment with fuel savings. ?

Edited by SilveradoX2

I wouldn't worry about the 8L90e, they are starting to figure them out now. I would personally try a 2019 8L90e before taking a chance on the new 10L90e, as there will probably be a software/trans learning curve as there was with the 8L. As far as max tow owners, if you are set on a 2019 you will have a hard time finding a 2019 max tow owner. What is your trailer/load you pull two times a year? If you needed a Duramax over the 6.0L before, maybe the max tow halfer is not enough?

22 hours ago, avalonandl said:

Back on topic, I am looking for real world 2019 6.2 max tow owners to respond- thanks!!!!

I have a 2019 6.2 with max tow... has been great so far.  I came from a 2016 6.2 with max tow as well.  The 10sp is light years ahead of the 8sp.

22 hours ago, L86 All Terrain said:

I wouldn't worry about the 8L90e, they are starting to figure them out now. I would personally try a 2019 8L90e before taking a chance on the new 10L90e, as there will probably be a software/trans learning curve as there was with the 8L. As far as max tow owners, if you are set on a 2019 you will have a hard time finding a 2019 max tow owner. What is your trailer/load you pull two times a year? If you needed a Duramax over the 6.0L before, maybe the max tow halfer is not enough?

Donzi 35 ZF on a triple axle aluminum trailer. Twin Merc's 300.

23 minutes ago, ECGolfer04 said:

I have a 2019 6.2 with max tow... has been great so far.  I came from a 2016 6.2 with max tow as well.  The 10sp is light years ahead of the 8sp.

Thanks, I need to get out and drive one- maybe in the spring. The 8 speed issue shows up after about 5-7 k miles. MANY owners of trucks and Camaros have it... I am a GM guy thru and thru and can't fathom the issues they've had with this trans.

1 hour ago, avalonandl said:

Donzi 35 ZF on a triple axle aluminum trailer. Twin Merc's 300.

Very nice, approx. 7,500 - 8,000lbs dry, without trailer? 9,000 - 10,000lbs full fuel, gear and trailer? 

If it has less than 850lb tongue weight and you are towing it to the Yacht Club once a year and back yeah, if you are towing every weekend then I would stick to an HD. The 2020 will be here in July with a rumored 6.7L gas engine if your truck will last another 7 months, another option. I drive a 18' 6.0L 2500 and a 6.2L 1/2 ton and there is no doubt which one I would prefer to drive on a daily basis. If you think you can squeeze it, the half ton will be a lot more friendly in every aspect of daily life except towing.  

On 12/3/2018 at 2:13 PM, L86 All Terrain said:

Ford uses the same 10 speed transmission and they started pairing their 3.5 ecoboost with it in 2017. I would bet that if there is any issues with it, both GM and Ford would work together to correct it quickly especially since I've seen a couple rumors in articles the the GM HD and Ford SD well be getting 10 speeds in 2020. Take it with a grain of salt though, no evidence to support my theory.

I swear someone at GM writes these threads to make people want new trucks.  I love my 2016 gasser HD, it will last forever and tow anything I want to tow. But my first car and daily driver for five years was a 65 gto, and i miss that sensation of just hammering it every now and again just to make the back end go squirrelly and get my jollies.  I bet that 6.2 is an absolute blast to drive, although I don't know how to save money running premium and driving like Cha Cha Muldowney everywhere you go.