Does anyone have a 6.2 w/ Max Tow Package?

On 12/20/2018 at 6:30 PM, f8l vnm said:

There is no truck out there with a 3k payload rating that gets 25mpg. Unless I’m missing something ?

Its at the UNOBTANIUM DEALER THAT ELON MUSK IS OPENING..... pass the joint over.....

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2018 at 5:20 PM, gearheadesw said:

I tried to build and price a max tow on the web site. I saw some towing options, but nothing like max tow or trailering. I like being able to hold 3k pounds in the bed of my truck, but 13 mpg gets old, when I read about 25 mpg on the hi way in a truck that hauls ass.

I'll put the 4 wheeler on the trailer instead of in the bed, right. 1200 pounds of tools and crap in the box and under the rear seat, that can go on a half ton....

And I found that I was trying to put it on the trail Boss, no go.

Max Trailering Package is $ 850 you make the choice on Packages page.

To get the Max Tow package to show reliably I always would choose short bed, CC, 4x4, 6.2L, LTZ, then go to Packages. Max Tow should be there. If you make other choices, the website might tell you that Max Tow isn't available. 

Block8head - Max Tow didn't use to be available for the High Country.  Is that new for 2019, or special order?

From 2019 order guide (1500 new style chev section)

NHT         Max Trailering Package, includes 9.76" rear axle, (GU6) 3.42 axle ratio, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning for increased control, heavier duty rear springs, increased RGAWR and (KW5) 220-amp alternator
1 - Requires (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (Z82) Trailering Package, (G80) locking differential and 18" or 20" wheels and tires. Includes (JL1) trailer brake controller. Not available with (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package. 
2 - Requires (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine or (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine and 18" or 20" wheels and tires. Not available with (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package. 
3 - Requires 4WD model and (L87) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine. Not available with (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package or 22" wheels.

(Notes 1, 2, and 3 are notes for different trim levels that it refers to; often  because trim level already includes a certain feature)

If you selected a Z71,  NHT (max trailer) will not be available

Can also order: 

ZL6         Advanced Trailering Package, includes (PZ8) Hitch Guidance with hitch view, (U1D) Advanced Trailering System and (PTT) Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System
1 - Requires (PCM) Convenience Package II. Requires either (Z82) Trailering Package with (JL1) trailer brake controller or (NHT) Max Trailering Package. 
2 - Requires (PCM) Convenience Package II and (JL1) trailer brake controller.

also has

PZ8    Hitch Guidance with Hitch View 
1 - Included and only available with (ZL6) Advanced Trailering Package.

and

U1D    Advanced Trailering System, includes checklist, trailer maintenance reminders, trailer security alerts, trailer mileage, tow/haul reminder and trailer electrical diagnostics

and

PTT    Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System, includes module and set of 4 sensors. Sensor functionality requires Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System to be ordered with the vehicle and installed by the factory. Sensors will be shipped loose with the truck and will need to be installed on trailer by customer. Additional or replacement sensors are available as GM Accessory

Also available is:

PTT    Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System, includes module and set of 4 sensors. Sensor functionality requires Trailer Tire Pressure Monitor System to be ordered with the vehicle and installed by the factory. Sensors will be shipped loose with the truck and will need to be installed on trailer by customer. Additional or replacement sensors are available as GM Accessory

Available without ordering the NHT, (but required if NHT is ordered)

Z82         Trailering Package, includes trailer hitch, 7-pin and 4-pin connectors and (CTT) Hitch Guidance
1 - With (L82) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine requires (G80) locking differential. 
2 - Included with (PDX) Custom Value Package. With (L82) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine requires (G80) locking differential. 
3 - With (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine requires (G80) locking differential. Required with (Z71) Z71 Off-Road Package. Included with (PDU) All-Star Edition or (PDA) Texas Edition.

Edited by redwngr

7 hours ago, SilveradoX2 said:

To get the Max Tow package to show reliably I always would choose short bed, CC, 4x4, 6.2L, LTZ, then go to Packages. Max Tow should be there. If you make other choices, the website might tell you that Max Tow isn't available. 

Block8head - Max Tow didn't use to be available for the High Country.  Is that new for 2019, or special order?

Yes sir. They are factory ordered and available for the 19 High Country. 

I drove a 19' 6.2 Max Tow. It was a nice looking vehicle. These look MUCH better in person- lots of curves you don't see. The seating position is nice, like my seats in my 2015 HD better. Lots of power, the 10 speed is a little different. Controls are nice, but further away. More room in the cab. Drives nice, but the 2500 has a feeling of more solid/stiff ride. Going to keep the HD.

IMG_3189.JPG

On 12/18/2018 at 7:25 PM, ECGolfer04 said:

Here are the cargo numbers 

AEB27517-5843-4C40-BCCD-42CB20923D37.jpeg

That’s a pretty impressive number. I just purchased a 2018 GMC 2500HD SLT All-Terrain crew cab regular bed Duramax and it’s payload is only 1,984lbs. It’s got nearly every option, including sunroof & gooseneck prep kit, which pulls payload capacity. My friend with a 2015 Duramax LTZ without those two options has around a 2,300lb rating. Gotta go gas or get a stripped down diesel to get respectable payload in a 3/4t truck.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:23 AM, rjpoog1989 said:

That’s a good looking truck! What’s the payload on the door sticker?

20190101_180356.thumb.jpg.0ad33c6709b0a28c4bbf1ee808af9a5b.jpg

Not sure why the picture is up side down . It's  1710 lbs 

Edited by block8head