Does anyone have a 6.2 w/ Max Tow Package?

I am not worried about the 10 speed at all. In fact I would want that instead of the 8 spd. In fact I would take a Max tow with the 6 speed, anything but that 8 speed.

I82: I started this thread for the exact reason as stated. Looking at ditching the HD for a Max Tow. When I got the HD in June 2014 the Max tow 6.2 were not out yet. I came from an Avalanche 2500. money has nothing to do with it, comfort does.

20 hours ago, electron_si said:

What are the issues with the 8 speed? 

The 8 speed has a reputation for developing a "shudder". Now, only a few do it. But it is a vexing issue.

My 2015 HD has the Allison - its perfect.

On 12/3/2018 at 10:32 AM, Gagliano7 said:

In ny and nj diesel is more than premium about $.35 per gallon.

Yeah, it varied.  We stayed in NJ, and I always fueled in the morning for the day.  That's another benefit of having the GMC versus our Silverado with the 25 gallon tank.  With the bigger tank and better mileage, I only fueled up once a day. 

1 hour ago, avalonandl said:

The 8 speed has a reputation for developing a "shudder". Now, only a few do it. But it is a vexing issue.

My 2015 HD has the Allison - its perfect.

Thanks for sharing, I gave hard consideration to a 2018 with Max Tow.  The fifth wheel we want to buy would have put a 1500 over the GVWR rating of the truck with me, the wife and our dog (yes, he's a full size ?).  Plus we live out west and will be pulling the trailer over 10,000+ ft passes. Therefore the GMC.  Best of luck on your future purchase.  I eagerly await to see how you come out on that. 

On ‎2018‎-‎12‎-‎06 at 9:35 AM, i82much said:

I bet that 6.2 is an absolute blast to drive, although I don't know how to save money running premium and driving like Cha Cha Muldowney everywhere you go.

When comparing a 6.2L to a 5.3L, you don't save anything but pride (but they are closer than one would think). Compared to a CCLB 6.0L 2500, you save a lot of gas with a 6.2L half ton, trust me. And you can hit 55mph in less than 12 miles with a 6.2L halfer as well, which the 6.0L can't. The six-oh's are constantly under load of the bigger heavy truck, so you are always using all 380lb-ft just to get the pigs rolling. Where as in the halfton, it is almost overpowered with the 6.2L and effortlessly getting the lighter truck moving. Maybe the DCSB 6.0L move pretty good, but not my CCLB. If you don't need a 3/4 ton for the payload, the 6.2L is an excellent option, and will allow for a bit of fun/scaring your wife from time to time as well. I get about 15-16mpg with my 6.2L on 33" 10 plies, 18mpg on stock tires. I am lucky to see 13mpg on a long drive with the 2500, average 11-12mpg. 

Edited by L86 All Terrain
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

When comparing a 6.2L to a 5.3L, you don't save anything but pride (but they are closer than one would think). Compared to a CCLB 6.0L 2500, you save a lot of gas with a 6.2L half ton, trust me. And you can hit 55mph in less than 12 miles with a 6.2L halfer as well, which the 6.0L can't. The six-oh's are constantly under load of the bigger heavy truck, so you are always using all 380lb-ft just to get the pigs rolling. Where as in the halfton, it is almost overpowered with the 6.2L and effortlessly getting the lighter truck moving. Maybe the DCSB 6.0L move pretty good, but not my CCLB. If you don't need a 3/4 ton for the payload, the 6.2L is an excellent option, and will allow for a bit of fun/scaring your wife from time to time as well. I get about 15-16mpg with my 6.2L on 33" 10 plies, 18mpg on stock tires. I am lucky to see 13mpg on a long drive with the 2500, average 11-12mpg. 

I believe you.  Honestly, I just wanted to throw out a Cha Cha Muldowney reference for the heck of it.  

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:00 PM, ECGolfer04 said:

I have a 2019 6.2 with max tow... has been great so far.  I came from a 2016 6.2 with max tow as well.  The 10sp is light years ahead of the 8sp.

What is the cargo capacity numbers in your door sticker? these are none published and cant be found until you get your truck.

I have a 2016 6.2 max tow and trying to decide whether to buy another half ton or go HD.

On 12/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, Diver6 said:

What is the cargo capacity numbers in your door sticker? these are none published and cant be found until you get your truck.

I have a 2016 6.2 max tow and trying to decide whether to buy another half ton or go HD.

Here you go...

silv.png

Edited by ECGolfer04

On 12/12/2018 at 4:25 PM, Diver6 said:

Here are the cargo numbers 

AEB27517-5843-4C40-BCCD-42CB20923D37.jpeg

52 minutes ago, ECGolfer04 said:

Here are the cargo numbers 

AEB27517-5843-4C40-BCCD-42CB20923D37.jpeg

Is yours a short bed or standard? LTZ or High Country?  I’m interested in the payload sticker of a High Country 6.2 Standard Bed Max Tow.  1866 is excellent for my needs, but anything over 1700 would fit the bill I think.

20 minutes ago, rjpoog1989 said:

Is yours a short bed or standard? LTZ or High Country?  I’m interested in the payload sticker of a High Country 6.2 Standard Bed Max Tow.  1866 is excellent for my needs, but anything over 1700 would fit the bill I think.

6.2 LTZ Crew Cab Short Bed

I tried to build and price a max tow on the web site. I saw some towing options, but nothing like max tow or trailering. I like being able to hold 3k pounds in the bed of my truck, but 13 mpg gets old, when I read about 25 mpg on the hi way in a truck that hauls ass.

I'll put the 4 wheeler on the trailer instead of in the bed, right. 1200 pounds of tools and crap in the box and under the rear seat, that can go on a half ton....

And I found that I was trying to put it on the trail Boss, no go.

Edited by gearheadesw