Downshifting issue with 19’ Z71

Seems like after any good runs past a quarter mile of usual driving then coming to a stop the transmission jerks pretty hard right before the stop. It’s very light driving as I drive the speed limit. Drove it a little faster and braked normal and same thing. Hard downshift on the transmission. 

Anyone else having this issue?

hopefully it stays consistent because before when I took my trucks for repairs it never does it at the dealer. 

Truck has about 5,000 miles all light driving. I’ve had it for a little over 4 months now.

Edited by Chico210

Seems like after any good runs past a quarter mile of usual driving then coming to a stop the transmission jerks pretty hard right before the stop. It’s very light driving as I drive the speed limit. Drove it a little faster and braked normal and same thing. Hard downshift on the transmission. 

hopefully it stays consistent because before when I took my trucks for repairs it never does it at the dealer. 

Truck has about 5,000 miles all light driving. I’ve had it for a little over 4 months now.
Z71 is just an off-road package. Which engine and transmission do you have? LT, RST, etc?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am having issue with my transmission as well.  I have 600 miles on my Trail Boss and when the transmission down shifts, it feels like I get a nice kick in the butt between 4-8 mph.  I definitely will not be able to tolerate it.  Hopefully the lemon law does not have to be used.  I really like this 

5 hours ago, steve841 said:

GM is still working on software ..  you should pass by the dealer and see if they have a software update.

I know on the 10 speed there is ....

Where do you find this info?

On 12/2/2018 at 7:13 PM, Chico210 said:

I'm sorry to hear about your truck's down shifting concerns, Chico210. If you're thinking about heading over to your dealership, our team would be happy to work alongside them to provide an additional layer of support. 

Anthony J.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:54 PM, codyaxm said:

Same issue here . 19 trail boss . Going into dealer tomorrow . I’ll post an update if there’s any sort of resolve for the issue . Good luck to the rest of you as well. 

Hi, codyaxm. Please keep us update regarding your recent dealership visit, we hope your truck is back on the road running smoothly.

Anthony J.

Man it is disappointing to hear that the 19's are STILL having this problem. I have had (3)  new GM 1500 truck's a 14 - 5.3 6spd / 16 - 6.2 8 spd  / 17 - 6.2 8 spd and they all had the harsh slow speed downshift to some degree with the 14 being the worst. This 18 seems to be "harsh downshift at slow speed"  FREE so far, but it only has 6k miles.   

Edited by Dnt
spelling, need some auto correction in here!

3 hours ago, GMCustomerService said:

Hi, codyaxm. Please keep us update regarding your recent dealership visit, we hope your truck is back on the road running smoothly.

Anthony J.

Went to dealer . They told me they did not have a Technical service bulletin or recall open. 

So I’ve been driving the truck with the issue . Oddly, yesterday I have not been feeling it as much or as harshly. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2018 at 3:25 PM, Dnt said:

Man it is disappointing to hear that the 19's are STILL having this problem. I have had (3)  new GM 1500 truck's a 14 - 5.3 6spd / 16 - 6.2 8 spd  / 17 - 6.2 8 spd and they all had the harsh slow speed downshift to some degree with the 14 being the worst. This 18 seems to be "harsh downshift at slow speed"  FREE so far, but it only has 6k miles.   

They couldn`t even get the 8 speed Transmission right and still tell customers it because its an adaptive transmission. I can make the truck shift with a bang every time now. there is no fix. all the fluid flushes with Mobile 1 synthetic converter replacements Updates relearns wont do a thing. Its a bad design. Ive spoken to many Techs in the industry that are employees and all same the same thing. There horrible they get dozens in a week with same complaints. there told to go thought the same steps - flushes relearns torque converter change - outs. all temp fixes some had transmissions replaced only for them to do the same thing. Bad design is a Bad design. You can Change all the parts you want. still going to run the same. even they dont want to admit it. all they can say is hope your dealership has taken care of your issue. LOL what a joke.