Fender Badge Ideas, anyone?

On 8/24/2019 at 10:46 AM, Sjordan said:

Did you get your Chevrolet vinyl and new badges through Chevy or somewhere else?

Vinly Inserts avalable from vendors on EBay and Amazon. The badges are GM parts as an option on the '20s. On GM accessories on website.  My RST was

Gloss Black Emblem Package 84300954 OEM GM NEW

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Silverado-Duramax-RST-GM-6-Piece-Gloss-Black-Emblem-Package-84300954-OEM-GM-NEW/183491035475?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

put the extras to good use

DSCN0631.JPG

• Like 1

On 12/21/2018 at 9:31 PM, Shawnr487 said:

Go buy a 3D printer for a Christmas gift to yourself and make a wickedly sweet badge customized to you! 

The hood badges are not an even thickness top to bottom....side profile shows they are thicker on the top to match the angle of the location on the fender.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
6 hours ago, UltraLuke said:

Is that an overlay or a whole new badge?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s a new badge. I used a razor blade to gently pry up on the top and bottom of the 6.2 badge. Once I raised it a tad near the corner, I used a small flat blade screwdriver to get it to raise up and the adhesive/tape to give a little. I made it hard on myself on the first one. I was so happy to get it raised and started - I bent it back and pulled it off rather quickly - the original badge is a thin steel or aluminum. Anyways, it left a sh^t ton of adhesive behind for me to gently scrape and clean off. The second one, I started it the same way - and as I bent it back I used my fingertip to push back the adhesive and went slowly. I was able to get 90% off this way and it went MUCH quicker. I love the look. Price was around $66 or so for the set. 

• Like 1

I will 2nd the quality of the replacement badges. I went through the same guy and had a custom badge made. For an extra $10 he will design whatever you want.

I haven't installed mine yet, just got done taking them apart and painting them. Had to get rid of the black chrome.

Fender Badge.jpg

• Like 1

To remove the middle piece, you have to drill out the plastic rivets/welds on the back. Not very hard, just be sure you are careful not to run the drill all the way through (like I did on one...) 

Fender badge 3 (2).jpg

Fender badge 2 (3).jpg

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 10:15 PM, Big E in TX said:

Remove them, have them powdercoated in a different color, then stick back on.

I would do a glossy black, but maybe red would look dope to go with the GMC emblems? Or a combo of black with only the “5.3 L V8” in red

The Base GMC just have a black insert there with nothing on it, buy a pair, paint body color then no one would know about the 6.2 lurking under the hood, i'm thinking about that.