2016 2500 needs softer suspension

2016 LT 2500, ecab, 4x4, 8' bed and air bags..  Pull 13K lb 5th wheel camper 3-6 times per year.  I would really like a 1500 but camper requires 2500.  Got a 2017 1500 loaner once and loved it.  Is there a way I can remove rear springs and add 1500 springs and possibly a 3500 overload spring when it squats a little.  This truck is too rough riding for retired old guy; but, still need it for camper.  Not into a temp fix of lowering tire pressure.  BTW, I've got over 1 1/2 million miles of GMs; mostly diesels so trucks aren't new to me; getting old is and it sucks.

Thanks for any/all opinions

Jack

CO

Maybe more than you want to spend or do, you are a old man...HAHAH

But a new full rear suspension, with Lower control arms rear axle mounted 2500 bags, shocks and a pan or wish bone. That would let you do anything and also tow more weight, ride better than a caddy. If the check book can handle it you can have auto ride. A sensor that adds and removes air as it sees need. all you do is drive. 

• Like 1

New, upgraded shocks and 3-400lbs in the bed when you're not towing?

I put about 150lbs in the back of my 1500, behind the rear wheel wells and it helped a lot with the highway ride.  I'd think a 2500 would need more.  Airbags aren't helping either.  

What kind and size tire do you have?

I’d give these guys a call and explain the situation to them and see if they can steer you in the right direction. Their website is a little over the top kinda like a lot of their builds but this company was started years ago by a farmer with a bad back and a Dodge Cummins. Daily driver, ag, and commercial is still their bread and butter.

https://kelderman.com/

Edited by wforrest08

You could certainly get a custom rear leaf pack and adjustable shocks to tailor your truck to your usage.

Or, you could get a tiny trailer, and tow it behind almost anything.  :D

T@B-02-1917x574.jpg

Not sure what size wheel you have. I added Fox shocks and went to a 17" wheel wrapped in falken AT3. Made a huge difference. Doesn't handle car like, but I didn't buy a truck for the handling. anything with 20s and HD suspension is gonna be rough