TPMS 2019 vs 2014 compatibility

Just purchased a set of 2019 Silverado take off wheels and tires for my 2014 truck   - Thought I could simply take off the old wheels & tires and bolt on the new ones.  Somewhere deep in the fine print of my purchase it says that the frequency for the tpms was changed in 2019.  Anybody know if that is true?  I don't want to take off the old wheels and tires, only to find out I'll have to un-mount both sets to put in my 2014 tpms on the 2019 wheels

31 minutes ago, Kleeve said:

Thanks - looks like I'm going to the tire shop for some work 

Yeah according to that thread his local Discount Tires couldn’t do it for him...might have to do the dealership thing or at least call whoever before a visit.

Local shop had me in and out in about an hour - added my existing sensors to the new wheels/tires - working great 

They knew about the frequency issue & had no problems getting things working

Anybody need some 433MHZ  sensors for a 2019 truck - no stems - Like new - less than 100 miles 

Tire rack is selling them for $50.00 each - make me an offer - Free shipping 

• 9 months later...
On 12/19/2018 at 11:02 AM, Kleeve said:

Local shop had me in and out in about an hour - added my existing sensors to the new wheels/tires - working great 

They knew about the frequency issue & had no problems getting things working

Anybody need some 433MHZ  sensors for a 2019 truck - no stems - Like new - less than 100 miles 

Tire rack is selling them for $50.00 each - make me an offer - Free shipping 

Digging up this old thread cuz I'm dealing with a similar issue. I'm trying to put some 2018 wheels on my 2019 and I was quoted 400 bucks in labor to complete the sensor swap. Seemed a little high to me. Was yours in that same range?

You need to find another shop - My bill was $85.00  - This was at a regional tire shop  in Michigan called Mr Tire - I would try to find a shop that only deals with tires & related labor. 

• 4 years later...

CPR Time, bringing this to life again.

Put some 2022 AT4 takeoffs on my 2015.  My DIC shows the pressure for each tire, I figured it would not.  Only problem is the numbers are all off.  Using a pressure gauge they all show 35-36, but the DIC shows 30-31 for them all.  I tried a hand gauge and also went to a gas station and used theirs off the air pump, both were reading 35-36 psi.  

What do I need to do? I will also add I swapped these in my garage and only have driven maybe 5 miles on them.  

1 hour ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

CPR Time, bringing this to life again.

Put some 2022 AT4 takeoffs on my 2015.  My DIC shows the pressure for each tire, I figured it would not.  Only problem is the numbers are all off.  Using a pressure gauge they all show 35-36, but the DIC shows 30-31 for them all.  I tried a hand gauge and also went to a gas station and used theirs off the air pump, both were reading 35-36 psi.  

What do I need to do? I will also add I swapped these in my garage and only have driven maybe 5 miles on them.  

Just a guess, but are you old tires still nearby your truck when you are at home?  I suspect your truck may still be learned to the old sensors in the wheels no longer on the truck.  Add to that you haven’t driven far enough yet for the TPMS faults to set for not being able to read the sensor (because it’s still at home and no longer in range).

I’ve never heard of a 433 MHz sensor pairing and sending ANY data to a 315 MHz system like your K2xx truck is.

29 minutes ago, ksiesel said:

Just a guess, but are you old tires still nearby your truck when you are at home?  I suspect your truck may still be learned to the old sensors in the wheels no longer on the truck.  Add to that you haven’t driven far enough yet for the TPMS faults to set for not being able to read the sensor (because it’s still at home and no longer in range).

I’ve never heard of a 433 MHz sensor pairing and sending ANY data to a 315 MHz system like your K2xx truck is.

Yea my old tires are in my garage that my truck is in! I figured it wasn’t them as their pressure was around 34-35 when I pulled them off. You think that number would change once the weight of the truck was no longer on them unmourned? Seems kinda to make sense.  

I’m still guessing I’ll need new sensors put in them if that’s the case since the frequencies should be different in the 2022s.

Edited by Skeeter McSkeet

12 hours ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Yea my old tires are in my garage that my truck is in! I figured it wasn’t them as their pressure was around 34-35 when I pulled them off. You think that number would change once the weight of the truck was no longer on them unmourned? Seems kinda to make sense.  

I’m still guessing I’ll need new sensors put in them if that’s the case since the frequencies should be different in the 2022s.

The pressure will not change with or without the weight of the vehicle on the tire.  It will change pretty significantly with temperature though.

If you never did a sensor relearn procedure on the truck after replacing tires, you can be sure it is still looking for the sensors in the old wheels.  Each sensor has a unique transmitter number and this is what the TPMS module in the truck is looking for.  The relearn simply changes this association.  You can think of it just like a paired Bluetooth connection.

8 hours ago, ksiesel said:

The pressure will not change with or without the weight of the vehicle on the tire.  It will change pretty significantly with temperature though.

If you never did a sensor relearn procedure on the truck after replacing tires, you can be sure it is still looking for the sensors in the old wheels.  Each sensor has a unique transmitter number and this is what the TPMS module in the truck is looking for.  The relearn simply changes this association.  You can think of it just like a paired Bluetooth connection.

Ok took a 100 mile trip today and they weren’t recognized after about 25 miles. Will our trucks relearn the new version sensors in them? Saw some replacements you can screw in from the outside it looked like, made to swap winter/summer wheels. No idea on them. 

3 hours ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Ok took a 100 mile trip today and they weren’t recognized after about 25 miles. Will our trucks relearn the new version sensors in them? Saw some replacements you can screw in from the outside it looked like, made to swap winter/summer wheels. No idea on them. 

You need 315mHz sensors.  New wheels so 2019 T1 and up are 433mHz and won't talk to a 14-19 old truck.  

• Thanks 1