Constant rattling/shimmy rear drivers side passenger area

Since 3 days after delivery. Was originally constant rattle - took it to dealer they believed it to be the headrest cushions (had significant play). Dealer put new ones in and problem ceased for a day and started again.

Now getting shimmy as well same area over hard bumps. Checked and secured Jacks etc....to no avail. Bushing?????

Please can anyone report similar problems with regard to rattles or shimmy. I realize it’s a truck but it’s  a $70,000 MSRP Denali!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kencav

Since 3 days after delivery. Was originally constant rattle - took it to dealer they believed it to be the headrest cushions (had significant play). Dealer put new ones in and problem ceased for a day and started again.

Now getting shimmy as well same area over hard bumps. Checked and secured Jacks etc....to no avail. Bushing?????

Please can anyone report similar problems with regard to rattles or shimmy. I realize it’s a truck but it’s  a $70,000 MSRP Denali!

Thanks in advance!
Take it to the dealer.. Take them for a ride.. Tell them to call you when they get it fixed.. When you go to pick it up.. Go for another ride with them to verify your concerns are gone

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes, I just bought a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 and it has the same issue you are having. Having rattles right near my driver and passenger side air vents. Drives me crazy but I have an apt with the stealership to make sure that this gets taken care of. And of course when I pick it up I am going to test drive it to make sure it got fixed. Smh that this is even a problem on a brand new truck.. 

9 minutes ago, tmar480 said:

Yes, I just bought a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 and it has the same issue you are having. Having rattles right near my driver and passenger side air vents. Drives me crazy but I have an apt with the stealership to make sure that this gets taken care of. And of course when I pick it up I am going to test drive it to make sure it got fixed. Smh that this is even a problem on a brand new truck.. 

Interestingly enough.....I took the head of service out with me, reproduced the result and thought we had it fixed.

When I came back in today they were visibly pissed it came back.....definitely want to solve the issue.

I have tried everything myself to diagnose this 

My passenger side rear headrest rattles. If i push the button and drop it, it helps. I've taken mine in and they said it never rattled while they had it. I haven't had the chance to bring it back yet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I was having the same intermittent rattle on my 2019 Sierra Denali. My dealership found, when they had to remove the rear seats to replace a leaking rear window, that a nut had not been applied by the factory to one of the three studs holding down the amplifier for the stereo. The amplifier is mounted somewhere near the rear passenger side floor or back cab panel. The tech installed the nut and it fixed the rattle. Have them check it out. ?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem it was the rear spring on my truck passenger side. The dealer grabbed the rear tire and shook the truck violently and found the noise. Sounded like a raddle thumping sound almost like a door not closed all the way when I hit bumps in the road.

• 2 weeks later...

This rattle is still there after it being in the dealership 4 times, a case being opened at GMC cause the dealership can't figure it out and a GMC Technician came out to look at it. He thought that it was coming from under the truck but that made absolute zero sense because theres just no way you'd hear the rattle inside the truck with the radio on. So now I have to escalate the problem above the GMC technician because he didn't even care or listen to us regarding the problem. I am meeting with the GMC Dealership Sales Manager tomorrow to set some expectations from here on out because I am freakin livid that I just spent 40K+ on a truck that has a rattle that drives me up the wall every time I drive my truck. If this doesn't get resolved, I'm going to have to get a lemon layer and go that route. Anyone have any advise for me at this point?

1 hour ago, tmar480 said:

This rattle is still there after it being in the dealership 4 times, a case being opened at GMC cause the dealership can't figure it out and a GMC Technician came out to look at it. He thought that it was coming from under the truck but that made absolute zero sense because theres just no way you'd hear the rattle inside the truck with the radio on. So now I have to escalate the problem above the GMC technician because he didn't even care or listen to us regarding the problem. I am meeting with the GMC Dealership Sales Manager tomorrow to set some expectations from here on out because I am freakin livid that I just spent 40K+ on a truck that has a rattle that drives me up the wall every time I drive my truck. If this doesn't get resolved, I'm going to have to get a lemon layer and go that route. Anyone have any advise for me at this point?

The rattle is more then likely the rear seat headrest INSERTS......the female attachments IN the seats that the headrests go into.

My seats were taken apart 2 times....finally GMC and dealer talked and new parts were sent out.

No more rattles....car is as tight as a drum!

2019 Sierra Denali .

6 hours ago, Kencav said:

The rattle is more then likely the rear seat headrest INSERTS......the female attachments IN the seats that the headrests go into.

My seats were taken apart 2 times....finally GMC and dealer talked and new parts were sent out.

No more rattles....car is as tight as a drum!

2019 Sierra Denali .

Yeah its definitely not coming from my seat. Its in my door panel or in my driver side air vent with the 4x4 knobs and headlight knob. I

This sound you are hearing could most likely be the rear passenger drivers side seat back.

The way it is mounted into the holder. There is a plastic clip that sometimes breaks or comes loose.

This is a common issue with K2 trucks.

Fold the seat up. Usually the noise goes away.