Leveling Kit

So I recently bought a new 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 and I hate how it has the front lean look going. For now I just want the front to be raised up for it has the clean level look to it. I've been doing my research and in order to get that look I would need a 2.25 inch leveling kit correct? 

I saw this leveling kit and it seems like this is something I would need in order to get that look. Later on in the build process I will be getting new suspension on all 4 corners but for now this is something that needs to be done. Yes I know that an alignment will need to be done which I am okay with.

https://www.desertrat.com/series-217384-readylift-front-leveling-kit.html#!year%3D2018||make%3DGMC||model%3DSIERRA 1500||sxq%3Dleveling kit

After my current tires start to go bald I will be getting a new wheel tire combo, which will more and likely be a 285/75/r16. (Haven't decided on the combo yet but that is what I am going towards).

Is this the right leveling kit I should be looking at?

7 minutes ago, tmar480 said:

So I recently bought a new 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 and I hate how it has the front lean look going. For now I just want the front to be raised up for it has the clean level look to it. I've been doing my research and in order to get that look I would need a 2.25 inch leveling kit correct? 

I saw this leveling kit and it seems like this is something I would need in order to get that look. Later on in the build process I will be getting new suspension on all 4 corners but for now this is something that needs to be done. Yes I know that an alignment will need to be done which I am okay with.

https://www.desertrat.com/series-217384-readylift-front-leveling-kit.html#!year%3D2018||make%3DGMC||model%3DSIERRA 1500||sxq%3Dleveling kit

After my current tires start to go bald I will be getting a new wheel tire combo, which will more and likely be a 285/75/r16. (Haven't decided on the combo yet but that is what I am going towards).

Is this the right leveling kit I should be looking at?

I have the 2.25 RC on mine and it sits pretty much level. Nothing in the back except Sumosprings but they don’t do anything except when it’s loaded, keeps the back from squatting so much.

78D3135A-A746-4B2D-AA58-627956B05D7A.jpeg

X2 nice truck, that size KOs really gives it a nice look.. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some 275/60 KO2's as well but you may have seen from my other topic I'm torn on what to do with the level and new UCA's are really needed.   Did your RC come with UCS's as a kit or did you just get the level and keep the stock control arms? 

My truck is very similar to yours but silver (2017 SLT, 6.2). Not to hijack this post but few other questions if you don't mind.  Any rubbing?  Why type of MPG drop did you notice?  

8 hours ago, reardiff said:

X2 nice truck, that size KOs really gives it a nice look.. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on some 275/60 KO2's as well but you may have seen from my other topic I'm torn on what to do with the level and new UCA's are really needed.   Did your RC come with UCS's as a kit or did you just get the level and keep the stock control arms? 

My truck is very similar to yours but silver (2017 SLT, 6.2). Not to hijack this post but few other questions if you don't mind.  Any rubbing?  Why type of MPG drop did you notice?  

Good morning! No I kept the stock UCA, the GMC dealership where I bought it did the install and I do have a rub, it’s tiny and rarely do I hear it. It only happens when I’m backing out of a tight space and have the wheel full locked to the left, it is really very minor and doesn’t even make much noise...lasts maybe a second or two because I ease up on the wheel when I hear it and it immediately goes away. As for mileages I can’t say for sure as I had this done before I had 50 miles on the truck. On paper (not truck computer) I have an average mostly city/rural of 17.4 and the computer shows a “best” of 21.8 which seems plausible as far as a best goes. Very happy, rides smooth as can be, not much noise, looks so much better than stock and I sold the Goodyear s for $400 so it made it an easier pill to swallow.

I installed my spacers today. 2". (2018 ).  Alignment in the morning.  Stock  tires have 2k on them, and they sure don't do mych for looks or traction. I'm going to price the BFG's while it's getting aligned. I was hoping you were going to say that you had no rubbing at all. My driveway is on a 10 degree angle, with a 90 degree turn into it, and then again asi get closer to the house. If mine ends up rubbing once I get bigger tires, I'll go nuts.  Is yours maybe just hitting fender liner plastic, that could be trimmed a bit? Thanks 

14 hours ago, Stronger800 said:

I installed my spacers today. 2". (2018 ).  Alignment in the morning.  Stock  tires have 2k on them, and they sure don't do mych for looks or traction. I'm going to price the BFG's while it's getting aligned. I was hoping you were going to say that you had no rubbing at all. My driveway is on a 10 degree angle, with a 90 degree turn into it, and then again asi get closer to the house. If mine ends up rubbing once I get bigger tires, I'll go nuts.  Is yours maybe just hitting fender liner plastic, that could be trimmed a bit? Thanks 

Well...I just tried to duplicate it and can't get it to make the noise. It's been at least two months since I heard it (I bought the truck in Sept 18) I only heard it while backing out of my neighbors very tight driveway surrounded by trees so I had the wheel cranked to lock (left) and it did rub, did it three times that I recall. I don't know what it rubbed on (I just looked in there too and see nothing). Sorry I know this is not any help but I am happy I don't hear it anymore. 

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:35 PM, Stronger800 said:

it's rubbing the upper control arm, courtesy of the new stamped steel UCA's they started using in 2017. Even my completely bone stock 2017 just BARELY rubs at times. There's definite rub marks if you pull the wheel off and look.   It all depends on the angle of the suspension is at in combination with wheel turn angle on when and how much it will rub. There's aftermarket kits that fix this with new UCA's.  That's what I'm going to end up doing is getting ready Life UCA with my 2 inch level and 275/60/20's  Should take care of it.

For more info on the UCA issues there's plenty of posts on this over in the main forum but here's also some good information on what you need to know regarding leveling and the UCA's   

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 12:22 PM, SS502 said:

I have the 2.25 RC on mine and it sits pretty much level. Nothing in the back except Sumosprings but they don’t do anything except when it’s loaded, keeps the back from squatting so much.

78D3135A-A746-4B2D-AA58-627956B05D7A.jpeg

I'm not too sure what Sumospring are but assuming its like an add a leaf? I'm looking into doing a 2.5 front kit right now cause I want it to be a perfect level (I'm weird) lol. But no shot I'm going to do a 3 inch lift cause I do not want that bro lean going on lmao. But really what I'm looking for is just a nice clean level truck. But I have been doing my research and I found out that these trucks can't even fit a 16 inch rim which I'm kinda pissed about cause it will hit the break caliper.. smh

18 minutes ago, tmar480 said:

I'm not too sure what Sumospring are but assuming its like an add a leaf? I'm looking into doing a 2.5 front kit right now cause I want it to be a perfect level (I'm weird) lol. But no shot I'm going to do a 3 inch lift cause I do not want that bro lean going on lmao. But really what I'm looking for is just a nice clean level truck. But I have been doing my research and I found out that these trucks can't even fit a 16 inch rim which I'm kinda pissed about cause it will hit the break caliper.. smh

SSR-209-40 | SumoSprings Rear for Chevrolet Silverado 1500, GMC Sierra 1500 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T36KYXK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gIylCb6J2FZZ6

On 1/2/2019 at 9:12 PM, JCKustoms said:

+1 for Sumo. I really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh nice. You said you have a 2.25 leveling kit correct? I have been looking at the 2.5 inch Moto Fab front lift kit now cause I think that will give me the full level to the truck. I've been searching and I have no found anyone just running this kit to see how it looks.. 

Oh nice. You said you have a 2.25 leveling kit correct? I have been looking at the 2.5 inch Moto Fab front lift kit now cause I think that will give me the full level to the truck. I've been searching and I have no found anyone just running this kit to see how it looks.. 

I think SS502 has the 2.25 front lift.

I had the RC 2” spacers and I thought it was to much lift. I’ve since went with the Bilsteins set at 1.85”. Still not what I wanted, so I installed a 1.5” rear block in place of the factory one. Now it’s perfect!

In MY opinion, the max for a front spacer lift on a 4x4 is 2.00”. Anymore than that and you’re going to run into upper ball joint and cv boot issues down the road. Some are worse than others because the uca brackets and the strut bucket weren’t welded exactly the same at the factory.

Also, for installing a 2” or 2.25” spacer lift in the front, you should only have to remove the swaybar attach nut on the top.

Did you look on Custom Offsets website to see if there are trucks with that combination you’re looking for?

22 minutes ago, JCKustoms said:

I think SS502 has the 2.25 front lift.

I had the RC 2” spacers and I thought it was to much lift. I’ve since went with the Bilsteins set at 1.85”. Still not what I wanted, so I installed a 1.5” rear block in place of the factory one. Now it’s perfect!

In MY opinion, the max for a front spacer lift on a 4x4 is 2.00”. Anymore than that and you’re going to run into upper ball joint and cv boot issues down the road. Some are worse than others because the uca brackets and the strut bucket weren’t welded exactly the same at the factory.

Also, for installing a 2” or 2.25” spacer lift in the front, you should only have to remove the swaybar attach nut on the top.

Did you look on Custom Offsets website to see if there are trucks with that combination you’re looking for?

Yes that is me with the 2.25 RC level. Dealer installed and it sits level at least it looks that way to me. I do have Sumosprings in the back but they are passive until you put a load on them. I hope I don’t regret doing that. Dealer will not do 2.5 if that means anything.

BFD5CC36-7793-4EA6-B4BC-3641977155D8.jpeg

Edited by SS502