Leveling Kit

4 hours ago, SS502 said:

Yes that is me with the 2.25 RC level. Dealer installed and it sits level at least it looks that way to me. I do have Sumosprings in the back but they are passive until you put a load on them. I hope I don’t regret doing that. Dealer will not do 2.5 if that means anything.

BFD5CC36-7793-4EA6-B4BC-3641977155D8.jpeg

Yeah I get the whole CV angles and UCA stuff.. Are you running 285's? If so, how much rub do you got?

20 minutes ago, tmar480 said:

Yeah I get the whole CV angles and UCA stuff.. Are you running 285's? If so, how much rub do you got?

275/60 R20 have no rubbing now, can’t duplicate it. I had it rub 3 (maybe 2, don’t remember now) times backing out of a level concrete driveway with the steering wheel at full left lock, my neighbors place. I tried last week to duplicate it to answer another question and it doesn’t rub anymore. 

275/60 R20 have no rubbing now, can’t duplicate it. I had it rub 3 (maybe 2, don’t remember now) times backing out of a level concrete driveway with the steering wheel at full left lock, my neighbors place. I tried last week to duplicate it to answer another question and it doesn’t rub anymore. 

To add to that, I have 305/50 R20 (20x9 +1 wheels) with Bilsteins set at 1.85” and it will only rub every so often when in reverse on uneven surfaces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I have a procomp 2.25" as well, my dealer recommended it and installed it. my tires are 275/65R20 BFG KO2 on the stock wheels and i can make the passenger side rub the upper control arm on a full lock turn. i also had to ziptie the pastic on the inner fender well of my passenger side. Seems pretty level to me and rides the same as far as i can tell.

2.25'' lift.PNG

uca rub.PNG

gmc.PNG

• 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:48 AM, matt_009 said:

I have a procomp 2.25" as well, my dealer recommended it and installed it. my tires are 275/65R20 BFG KO2 on the stock wheels and i can make the passenger side rub the upper control arm on a full lock turn. i also had to ziptie the pastic on the inner fender well of my passenger side. Seems pretty level to me and rides the same as far as i can tell.

2.25'' lift.PNG

uca rub.PNG

gmc.PNG

There were no issues with the leveling kit and all the factory warranties? My 18 Silverado only has 4k miles and I'm looking into the best and safest leveling kit I can run (yes I know putting a level on a truck will cause premature wear) I just don't want a factory warranty to be voided.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:49 AM, 18LonestarZ71 said:

There were no issues with the leveling kit and all the factory warranties? My 18 Silverado only has 4k miles and I'm looking into the best and safest leveling kit I can run (yes I know putting a level on a truck will cause premature wear) I just don't want a factory warranty to be voided.

My dealer is pretty good and straight forward. They said GM wont warranty the ball joints, tie rods, bushings, and other wearable components because that part of the truck is modified. My dealer said that you might loose 20,000 miles of life out of the ball joints with this level but thats okay with me. I'm planning for a 6+ inch lift after i wear out these tires i have. If you have 4WD, my dealer said 2.25" is the max level kit they will install because of the CV angles and stress on other components. I'm not sure for a 2WD but i assume its the same with the stress on the ball joints.  It still rides great with the level kit. I'm not sure if it's better or worse than factory ride because i only had 5,000 miles on it when i leveled it. I think i paid $600 for the level kit, the install, allignment, and mount and balancing of the tires. Hope this helps, ask your dealer and they should beable to give you a straight answer.