console to bench in at4?

G'day.  I'm planning on ordering a new truck and I really want the at4 but i need 6 seats.  does anyone know of any reason why i couldn't buy an AT4 and swap out the console (so long as i order w/o the wireless charging and bose system) for the centre jumper seat from a base SLT?

Edited by potato

2 hours ago, potato said:

G'day.  I'm planning on ordering a new truck and I really want the at4 but i need 6 seats.  does anyone know of any reason why i couldn't but an AT4 and swap out the console (so long as i order w/o the wireless charging and bose system) for the centre jumper seat from a base SLT?

Couldn't you just ask the dealer to special order one without the console?  I know for a fact that the Trail Boss comes with a bench seat and can be ordered with a console so I dont see why the AT4 cant be ordered with the bench seat.

no, the at4 has a unique leather package that only comes 1 way, i've hamered it out w the dealer that there is no way to order this.   It'll need to be an after the fact modification but they can't confirm if it'll actually fit or work.  

Edited by potato

On 12/30/2018 at 6:09 PM, potato said:

looked at an SLE w a bench and a SLE with a console and the dash seams are identical so i'm banking on the swap working.  AT4 is ordered now, fingers crossed.  

I would be 99% certain it will, the K2 trucks can go back and forth as multiple members on here have demonstrated in the mods section. Good luck and when you get your truck show us!

• 2 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 7:35 PM, potato said:

here it is, worked out good.  AT4 with no tech package, console remove and jumseat from an regular SLT installed.  looks factory other than the AT4 console had brown stitching in the armrest and this SLT one is all black.  

qdnOE+kGSXW2nh9vo%nk+A.jpg

Whatd you do with the console you took out? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

Whatd you do with the console you took out? 

i don't recall on the vents, lost the controls for the rear seat heat much to my kids dismay but it doesn't bother me:)  the console went into the SLT the bench came out of and fit perfect too, just it now has rear heat seat controls but no rear seat heat.   I have to do this again for another AT4 so if you're interested in a console or have an SLT jump seat PM me.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, potato said:

i don't recall on the vents, lost the controls for the rear seat heat much to my kids dismay but it doesn't bother me:)  the console went into the SLT the bench came out of and fit perfect too, just it now has rear heat seat controls but no rear seat heat.   I have to do this again for another AT4 so if you're interested in a console or have an SLT jump seat PM me.  

I have the trailboss. But I’m sure if it comes out of a Sierra then it would go into a Silverado. Maybe. The jump seat I have now has the 2 vents in the back of it for the rear passengers. Trying to find a console that will work. Or even a jump seat with the vents in the back