Adding fog lamps to lower trims?

MikeNH

6 hours ago, BoomBoom19 said:

Could you not just tap into your headlight or parking light wires and then you do not have to worry about anything else. 

Good question, I'd love to to know the answer to this.

Because I've heard that the fog lights don't come on when you use the high beams. Whereas if you wired it to the headlights, they would always be on if the headlights are on. I would prefer that.

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you for posting the instructions, Chevy sent the light kit with no instructions in the box with directions to a website I sure as heck could not find. It appears one can now call the phone number, give them the authorization number and all is good. Don't know if the dealer will have to enable or not...  Back to the web to see how to enable them on my own

12 hours ago, stvbarr said:

Thank you for posting the instructions, Chevy sent the light kit with no instructions in the box with directions to a website I sure as heck could not find. It appears one can now call the phone number, give them the authorization number and all is good. Don't know if the dealer will have to enable or not...  Back to the web to see how to enable them on my own

Had mine done. Love them. 

And yes, the BCM still has to be flashed by the dealer. They need the authorization code from GM to be able to do so.

• 1 month later...
On 22/11/2019 at 18:07, stvbarr said:

Gracias por publicar las instrucciones, Chevy envió el kit de luces sin instrucciones en el cuadro con instrucciones para un sitio web que estoy seguro que no pude encontrar. Parece que ahora se puede llamar al número de teléfono, darles el número de autorización y todo está bien. No sé si el distribuidor tendrá que habilitar o no ... Volver a la web para ver cómo habilitarlos por mi cuenta

Hello I am with the same problem with the installation of my fog lights, can you help me please my email is [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

I’m installing it myself have everything done except cable that goes to fuse box how do you remove top part where fuses are located to get under when I pull up the whole box comes up can’t separate any help would be great

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, Clifftons said:

I got this done to my truck, I didn’t install it myself I took it to the Chevy dealership. It takes a long time for them to get the activation code from GM. The instal cost around 400 without tax.

D4BF34A6-D1DA-4219-AE6D-6B7777C48CC6.jpeg

EB3FE9E5-2242-4863-A9CB-DD617C2AFB8A.jpeg

700E9CFB-E12D-4F6F-A71B-2C7D68B68675.jpeg

So do you just push the light switch like you would if they came stock? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2019 at 5:52 PM, Jthereau22 said:

I just downloaded the instructions from your post. Quick question how can I find out the authorization code? Will they tell me if I call them with the vin?

Hi. Did you ever get the auth code? Or how did you go about getting it? That is what my ? Is.  Im kinda stuck there myself. Is it a general# for everyone? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/1/2019 at 8:39 AM, jhplak325 said:

My friend just bought a 2020 Custom, do these need to be programmed to work?  Or can he i stall them and use them?

for them to work 'normally'-only running with lowbeams and you have to turn them on, you have to have a dealer flash the computer, along with the hardware and install(which can be done by whoever).

OR. 

you can install them yourself and connect it to the parking or lowbeams.. they'll always be on, though. no button to turn them off.

On 4/28/2020 at 11:28 PM, msaul37 said:

you can install them yourself and connect it to the parking or lowbeams.. they'll always be on, though. no button to turn them off.

Has anyone done that? I've had that question and wanted to know if that was possible, enough amps, etc.

Also, if they're wired to the low beams, do they turn off when you turn on your high beams?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 11:10 PM, Rickydelivers said:

So I’m picking up my regular cab work truck this weekend, no fog lights. What are you guys hooking the fog lights to in the cab/dash?  Is it a generic button or a cool looking tell the switch?

The kit from GM comes with the switch that goes in the cab to the left of the steering wheel, next to the cargo light if you have them. You'll also have to pay a dealer to "flash" your computer, can be up to $200 I've heard.

Or, you can do what the guy in the above video did, and "tap" them in to your existing lights at no extra cost.