Adding fog lamps to lower trims?

MikeNH

18 hours ago, Bones454 said:

Bad thing about the custom is the console don’t open, that’s  my first fix.

This must be special order or dealer request, because my Custom came with the center console (bench seat) that opened and had storage in it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered the fog light kit, for $221.25 total (cheapest) at shopchevyparts.com. https://www.shopchevyparts.com/electronics/2020-silverado-1500-led-front-fog-light-package-models-without-task-lighting-set-lights/84125494-p-92305775.html  Same kit as from Chevy direct.

They have another version "with task lighting" as well.

Now to find a dealer to do it for me since if it's only $135 install (listed above) that's worth it for me to not hassle with the lengthy instructions. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
The 2020 Silverado 1500 WT doesn't have a program for fog lights. GM must have it somewhere. It is a "stand alone" option, yet no one ever ordered one. My WT is waiting for someone that knows how to wire it properly, and so dealer can program them.
Do you have a button on the dash for fog lights? If not, you'll need that. The other option is to do the GM Upfitter auxiliary switches and wire the dog lights into that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I purchased the fog light kit on Amazon for like $120 and  the red wire to fuse engine fuse in engine bay and the white wire I connected to fog light switch on dash after purchasing the upgrade factory headlight switch and install the white wire tapped into the wire that controls the switch from dash just like factory.  Turns on and off from factory switch and light in dash turns on as well with no programming needed.     Switch is $32 on eBay.   Installed myself.  So no need to send 300 on a kit and have programmed. All done for less than $200. Just like factory.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, Ted Vargas said:

I purchased the fog light kit on Amazon for like $120 and  the red wire to fuse engine fuse in engine bay and the white wire I connected to fog light switch on dash after purchasing the upgrade factory headlight switch and install the white wire tapped into the wire that controls the switch from dash just like factory.  Turns on and off from factory switch and light in dash turns on as well with no programming needed.     Switch is $32 on eBay.   Installed myself.  So no need to send 300 on a kit and have programmed. All done for less than $200. Just like factory.  

Interesting to say the least. Has  anyone else tried this?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 9:37 PM, Ted Vargas said:

So basically, you ordered a somewhat universal GM style fog light kit and a GM style switch with the fog light switch. Then wired the red wire to the battery and then tapped the white wire into the GM style switch? And now the fog light switch is an On/off switch? What wire did you tap into on the switch and can you independently control the fog lights weather the low beams or high beams are on? This is probably the best way to go and not have to get the BCM reprogrammed. Links to the parts would be awesome Thanks😎