LED Bulbs

Hey all, I have a 2014 Silverado and came with Anzo aftermarket head lights( bought the truck this way) anyways, any kind of LED bulb I put in there I’m better off driving with the headlights off at night... any idea what I could do about it? And recommendations on LED bulbs that’ll work with the anzo headlights? Thanks all

16 minutes ago, Dino Zahirovic said:

Hey all, I have a 2014 Silverado and came with Anzo aftermarket head lights( bought the truck this way) anyways, any kind of LED bulb I put in there I’m better off driving with the headlights off at night... any idea what I could do about it? And recommendations on LED bulbs that’ll work with the anzo headlights? Thanks all

If it is a projector style housing, you will have to use halogen or HID.  LEDs do not perform well in projector housings.  

1 minute ago, btj_z71 said:

If it is a projector style housing, you will have to use halogen or HID.  LEDs do not perform well in projector housings.  

I have to disagree with your statement. I'm using VLED's  Micro Evolution LED bulbs in my factory projector headlights and they output more light than a halogen bulb. I recommend sourcing some factory headlights Dino. 

IMG_5584.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Amount of lux generated by the bulb is just one part the lighting, the other part is the beam pattern produced.

I get most of my info from headlight revolution and the testing they have done between LED and HID.

Those LEDs you got are impressive and from what I see from the pics, they have a good beam pattern too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have to disagree with your statement. I'm using VLED's  Micro Evolution LED bulbs in my factory projector headlights and they output more light than a halogen bulb. I recommend sourcing some factory headlights Dino. 
IMG_5584.thumb.JPG.df70dbca042429404cde09bccd75ea83.JPG
IMG_5585.thumb.JPG.f6d61985d1c3b22e72f98add30de21c1.JPG

Excellent lighting! Congrats.

Sent from above

The projectors that Anzo uses are absolutely garbage. You can put whatever you want in them and it wont make a difference :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, KNIGHT1 said:

IMG_5584.JPG

IMG_5585.JPG

Wow those look freaking awesome! So get rid of the anzo and buy some stock ones? Do you have a 2014? I have a 2014 LT. 

Oracle Lighting out of Houston Texas. Bought a pair of HID/Xenon light bulbs conversion kit to replace a 2016 GMC headlight with that ridiculous low Halogen lighting and WOW! Excellent quality and it’s plug and play.

Sent from above

5 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Oracle Lighting out of Houston Texas. Bought a pair of HID/Xenon light bulbs conversion kit to replace a 2016 GMC headlight with that ridiculous low Halogen lighting and WOW! Excellent quality and it’s plug and play.

Sent from above

Is that with anzos? 

10 hours ago, KNIGHT1 said:

Thanks and Yeah, I have a 2014 LTZ Z71. I cannot speak for Anzo’s headlight quality but I would highly recommend going back to OE projector headlights. 

Buying a set of eagle eyes from a guy heard they’re great aftermarket lights.

5 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above