Radio doesn't get all Sirius xm channels

Hi guys I'm new here and just got my first truck. 2017 silverado 1500. I got a free all access subscription to Sirius with my truck. only problem is it only goes up to the 200's. I contacted Sirius and they say my radio is designed that way. same as chevy.

Why would my $40k truck only go to 200 yet my work vehicle with a cheap single DIN unit goes up to 400+?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, smidge said:

Hi guys I'm new here and just got my first truck. 2017 silverado 1500. I got a free all access subscription to Sirius with my truck. only problem is it only goes up to the 200's. I contacted Sirius and they say my radio is designed that way. same as chevy.

Why would my $40k truck only go to 200 yet my work vehicle with a cheap single DIN unit goes up to 400+?

Not sure about why they did that to the truck, but how they get you is, to make you want to stay with the all access. You can use the app on your phone, stream on your computer, etc. If you go back to the normal plan, all you get is just access through the truck. And welcome to the site, and congratulations on your truck!!!

8 minutes ago, smidge said:

So is there no way to get all the channels besides through my phone? Can I upgrade the radio to fix this?

No, and do not believe that there is an upgrade to get more channels with the factory unit. 

Edited by JimCost2014

I have a 2017 LTZ Silverado, it has the All Access Sirius XM package, I get up to channel #230 I believe it is. In my other vehicle, it has the Sirius XM SELECT package and it only goes up to channel #200. Pretty sure you probably only have the SELECT package, upgrade to ALL ACCESS and the additional channels will magically appear. 

Sirius and XM while the same company are two separate radio systems still. The XM side doesn't offer stations that are only available on the internet side (channels higher than 200 except the sports channels) while Sirius radios do allow the higher channels. GM vehicles are XM radios where Dodge and Acura, Hyundai, only ones I know of are Sirius radios.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Same issue here Smidge.  I get around it by using Android Auto.  Fringe bene besides all the Sirius channels is Hands Free texting and a navigation map that you will never have to pay for an update.  Downside data usage and cellular service.  I camped up in the white mountains last year.  No cell service but satellite radio worked fine.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue. I have a 2020 Yukon Denali and I cant get above channel 235 on my SiriusXM radio. I have the all access package that should get me additional stations. SiriusXM says there is something wrong with the radio and the dealership says it is a programming issue with SiriusXM. I am extremely frustrated!!

On 6/22/2021 at 1:39 PM, Anne said:

I am having the same issue. I have a 2020 Yukon Denali and I cant get above channel 235 on my SiriusXM radio. I have the all access package that should get me additional stations. SiriusXM says there is something wrong with the radio and the dealership says it is a programming issue with SiriusXM. I am extremely frustrated!!

I would maybe say it's something with your radio. We have a 2020 traverse with the premium radio and it get channels up in the 700's.