My 1st mod

4 minutes ago, alkrisma said:

reverse lights not as bright as I had hoped, instead of adding led reverse lights I installed a putco blade. it’s much brighter backing up now 

Wow, that’s bright! Looks great!

12 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Wow, that’s bright! Looks great!

Looks good. How's the reliability on those?

I sure see a lot of these that are half burned out. Talk about low buck looking .?

2 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Looks good. How's the reliability on those?

I sure see a lot of these that are half burned out. Talk about low buck looking .?

I hear ya, 99% of the ones I see have issues. They look good when new, maybe that brand lasts...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I want one but just for reverse. I want to know if it looks better,worse, or same at night. 

yes, it’s extremely bright. huge difference backing into my driveway with the lightbar. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, alkrisma said:

“Low buck looking”?

how do you figure when the putco is double + what every other tailgate led light bar costs and it’s got a better warranty 

I think he was talking about the cheaper ones that have a lot of burn-out. Putco has very good ratings on Amazon and with that warranty I’d say you did good. You have probably seen the lesser ones with numerous elements burned out.

Edited by SS502
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SS502 said:

I think he was talking about the cheaper ones that have a lot of burn-out. Putco has very good ratings on Amazon and with that warranty I’d say you did good. You have probably seen the lesser ones with numerous elements burned out.

I was . I'm sure you have seen the ones that have half the lights burned out. Give us a report in a year or two.

• Like 1

I've had one of these for about 6 months. had another Chinese brand before that looked good but eventually partially failed. The putco blade so far has been trouble free and is bright at night. Clean looking light output compared to some of the others. Worth the extra $$ if it lasts.

I think Putco and OPT 7 are at the higher end for reliability. Also I have currently the old style street glow tailgate bar that was on my 15 I took off and put on the 18. And honestly not a issue with it and the street glow one according to reviews was horrible. I have the OPT 7 just didn’t get a chance to install it yet. Kinda scared to actually lol since the one on there is rock solid but def not as bright as the OPT7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

I think Putco and OPT 7 are at the higher end for reliability. Also I have currently the old style street glow tailgate bar that was on my 15 I took off and put on the 18. And honestly not a issue with it and the street glow one according to reviews was horrible. I have the OPT 7 just didn’t get a chance to install it yet. Kinda scared to actually lol since the one on there is rock solid but def not as bright as the OPT7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is 100% true. and there is way more leds in them not that led every 4" of strip. They are like $187+. I want those in just the reverse. use all that space for white leds. I can get the 60" all white listed as cargo lights cheap but wanted the putco or better the opt7 brand one.