I'm officially a convert, Tundra is gone for a High Country

Well, this all happened fast! in a good way. Yesterday I officially posted my 2010 Tundra for sale for $25,500. today I decided I'd stop by the dealer just for fun, I was looking at the Trail Boss and started to consider the High Country as well since I'd be lifting it anyway defeating the purpose of the Trail Boss (partially). 

I told the sales guy I wasn't interested in trading my truck in because they probably wouldn't give me what I wanted, I mean, it doesn't even have a front bumper! haha. They offered me $22k for the Tundra though and that really go the wheels in my brain going that I might just work out a deal. A couple hours later I was signing papers, went home to get the title and bring the truck in and I'm now a proud owner of a 2019 Silverado High Country! It had everything I wanted as if I were to do a factory build and a few extras as well. Basically it also has the HUD, 360 view cameras and the rear view camera mirror (which is actually pretty f'ing awesome!) 

The truck feels great and I'm really happy about this, although I truly will miss the Tundra! I'm the original owner so we've been through a lot.  I'll be lifting, wheels, tires, etc soon though to get back to a good stance like the Tundra had. 

Definitely a bittersweet day today, Crappy pics because it was dark out but here is day 1 pics and the Tundra as I was driving away :(:) 

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1405.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, FirstAscent said:

Well, this all happened fast! in a good way. Yesterday I officially posted my 2010 Tundra for sale for $25,500. today I decided I'd stop by the dealer just for fun, I was looking at the Trail Boss and started to consider the High Country as well since I'd be lifting it anyway defeating the purpose of the Trail Boss (partially). 

I told the sales guy I wasn't interested in trading my truck in because they probably wouldn't give me what I wanted, I mean, it doesn't even have a front bumper! haha. They offered me $22k for the Tundra though and that really go the wheels in my brain going that I might just work out a deal. A couple hours later I was signing papers, went home to get the title and bring the truck in and I'm now a proud owner of a 2019 Silverado High Country! It had everything I wanted as if I were to do a factory build and a few extras as well. Basically it also has the HUD, 360 view cameras and the rear view camera mirror (which is actually pretty f'ing awesome!) 

The truck feels great and I'm really happy about this, although I truly will miss the Tundra! I'm the original owner so we've been through a lot.  I'll be lifting, wheels, tires, etc soon though to get back to a good stance like the Tundra had. 

Definitely a bittersweet day today, Crappy pics because it was dark out but here is day 1 pics and the Tundra as I was driving away :(:) 

IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1405.jpeg

Welcome! That’s a sharp looking HC. What made you choose GM over other brands?

9 minutes ago, Aycock1987 said:

Welcome! That’s a sharp looking HC. What made you choose GM over other brands?

Thank You! For me it was an easy decision. The tundra is still one of the best looking trucks out there in my opinion, I looked at the newer Tundra's but was disappointed in the interior. I felt that my interior on my 2010 was better than the new 2019's and that made me sad. I've never been a Ford fan the the RAM's just don't do it for me. 

Personally I'm not a fan of the square wheel wells of the older (last year) Silverado's but I really like the redesign for 2019 AND the interior felt good to me as well and actually felt like an upgrade. I went with the 5.3 (the Tundra had the 5.7), the 6.2 I'm sure is great but I didn't need it and I rarely tow outside of throwing a motorcycle in the bed of the truck. 

The hardest decision on the High Country is I really don't like chrome, so side steps coming off, wheels will get upgraded, and that will leave a little on the trim and front bumper. Maybe someday I'll get an aftermarket metal bumper haha

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, protovack said:

The high country is supposed to be for people who don't want a ton of chrome, and it STILL has a lot :)

Very nice looking. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 

haha Agreed! The sales guy said "what about the LTZ" and I said nope, no way. the all chrome bumper would drive me insane haha.

53 minutes ago, tbarn said:

I wouldn't touch that truck. Look good as is. If you are going to mod it to a large extent, why pay for a High Country?

I can definitely see your point here! When I was playing with the custom build for the TB on chevy's website and picking all the options I wanted it was only about $3k less than what I built on the website for the High Country. and the HC had a few small things I wanted, not required, but wanted. such as the power up tailgate, upgraded digital dash and a few other very minor things. At this price point and for a few thousand more I figured I might as well get the High Country and still lift it.

I'm not going to crazy with the mods, I'm very happy with it's current setup but I do want to lift it and put my own wheels/tires on it. Everything else will stay as is. 

But yes, it does look good as is. I just need to do something to it so it's unique to me :)

6 hours ago, tbarn said:

I wouldn't touch that truck. Look good as is. If you are going to mod it to a large extent, why pay for a High Country?

The painful part for me is it looks like it has the High Country Premium package on it with those wheels.  Which costs nearly $2k more than High Country deluxe and the only difference is supposedly the wheels.  That will soon be replaced...

I was lucky, I actually liked the Deluxe wheels more than the Premium wheels. :D

5 hours ago, FirstAscent said:

hmmm, aren't these trucks supposed to include additional TPMS sensors for free? I don't see any

"Probably".  I received a set of four TPMS sensors for trailer wheels, and the wheel lock key (with the four original lugs too).  Mine were all in the glove box, but that's my dealer so YMMV.

I believe the High Country package includes the trailer sensors, but looking at the build&price website they've been changing some things up so what was true for me two months ago may no longer be so.

They would be different sensors than the ones in the wheels, not useful for replacing the wheels/tires on the vehicle if that's what you were thinking (I was...).

The vehicle sensors are still easy to come by though:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/332553029771

Edited by Daverado

4 hours ago, Daverado said:
The painful part for me is it looks like it has the High Country Premium package on it with those wheels.  Which costs nearly $2k more than High Country deluxe and the only difference is supposedly the wheels.  That will soon be replaced...

I was lucky, I actually liked the Deluxe wheels more than the Premium wheels. [emoji3]

Yeah I think it does have that package, it has the 22’s on it. I’m not a fan of the wheels, mainly because they are chrome and that’s not my style. Wanna buy them? Haha

I got about $8k off MSRP though so that helped my decision.

Good to know about the TPMS sensors! I'll ask my sales guy about that today. And they look relatively inexpensive too so that's good. 

Edited by FirstAscent

Nice selection. Love the Tundra for several reasons - but could not get past the crappy mpg. And the LS offers better price point mod options (as does a GM in general). 

• Like 1