Justin's 2019 Silverado Pre-Runner Build

Rakkasan_Justin

Overview

This is my first truck, but not my first vehicle/truck build. I come from the Subaru Rally/Overland scene, and I've been wanting to make a Pre-Runner for a while now. And with the recent move to Arizona, I've wanted to have a comfortable daily, that I can take on trails at speed, and have some fun in the Dunes when I go with my Uncle and his Sand Truck (Twin Turbo LS7 Racer Engineering truck).

This thread will be pictureless for a few days, as the Truck I bought is scheduled to arrive on January 23rd, but I am prepping the build thread, as parts are already ordered and on their way.

Starting Truck:

- 2019 Silverado High Country 6.2L 

Current Planned Modifications:

- Baja Kits Boxed Upper and Lower Control Arms (Purchased, and being built, eta Mid February)

- Custom King 2.5 Coilovers w/ Compression Adjusters in Black with Gold Caps (Purchased, and being built, eta Mid/End February

- ADD Front & Rear Stealth Bumpers w/Sensor and Blind Spot retention (Purchased, and being built, eta Mid February)

- Armordillo Chase Rack

- Xprite Light Bars, Pods, and Switch Panel (On Order)

- Klutch Off Road KT02s in Brushed DDT & Bronze (Getting Powdercoated, eta Mid February)

- 37" Tires **TBD***

- aFe Power CAI, Cat-Back, and Programmer/Tune

- FiberwerX 3.5" Wider Fenders & Bedsides (On Order)

- Full Vehicle Wrap in Avery Dennison Satin Dark Basalt w/ 3M Shadow Black Accents, Bed, & Cab Transition (Waiting to install)

- Ceramic Pro PPF & Vinyl, Windows, Wheels, and Interior (Waiting to install)

- Trinity Auto Solutions 10-13" Android Tablet Head Unit (Trying to get ETA on Plug n Play kit for the 19s, otherwise I will go with their universal replacement for the time being)

Later on down the road, I will be upgrading my Suspension when Baja Kits comes out with a Cantilever Rear, and will be welding in Chassis reinforcements. I am also planning on the same Procharger P-1SC-1 Kit offered for the 6.2L under the 14-18 3rd gen when they release a bolt on kit that is compatible with the 19 6.2L engine bay.

As of right now, almost all of my planned modifications to the truck are already purchased and being built, or pending another part's completion for measurements. I am working with aFe Power to bring my truck down to them for R&D as they currently only have a CAI intake option for the 2019 6.2L. My plan is for full header back exhaust, but depending on their planned workload I might be limited to a Cat-Back for the time being. I have already contacted Trinity about info on a Plug n Play tablet with replacement trim bezel, but haven't gotten much back from them in terms of an eta, but it is one of my main priorities, as the factory 8" is the one thing that GM is slacking on in the current market. If it wasn't for Ram's Trim structure of the air suspension being the only option on the new 2019 Limited, I would have gotten a Ram instead.

Anyhow, pictures will be coming in a few days once the Truck arrives, and as we go through the process of wrapping and applying the Ceramic Coating. Next week the build begins!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rakkasan_Justin said:

Overview

This is my first truck, but not my first vehicle/truck build. I come from the Subaru Rally/Overland scene, and I've been wanting to make a Pre-Runner for a while now. And with the recent move to Arizona, I've wanted to have a comfortable daily, that I can take on trails at speed, and have some fun in the Dunes when I go with my Uncle and his Sand Truck (Twin Turbo LS7 Racer Engineering truck).

This thread will be pictureless for a few days, as the Truck I bought is scheduled to arrive on January 23rd, but I am prepping the build thread, as parts are already ordered and on their way.

Starting Truck:

- 2019 Silverado High Country 6.2L 

Current Planned Modifications:

- Baja Kits Boxed Upper and Lower Control Arms (Purchased, and being built, eta Mid February)

- Custom King 2.5 Coilovers w/ Compression Adjusters in Black with Gold Caps (Purchased, and being built, eta Mid/End February

- ADD Front & Rear Stealth Bumpers w/Sensor and Blind Spot retention (Purchased, and being built, eta Mid February)

- Armordillo Chase Rack

- Xprite Light Bars, Pods, and Switch Panel (On Order)

- Klutch Off Road KT02s in Brushed DDT & Bronze (Getting Powdercoated, eta Mid February)

- 37" Tires **TBD***

- aFe Power CAI, Cat-Back, and Programmer/Tune

- FiberwerX 3.5" Wider Fenders & Bedsides (On Order)

- Full Vehicle Wrap in Avery Dennison Satin Dark Basalt w/ 3M Shadow Black Accents, Bed, & Cab Transition (Waiting to install)

- Ceramic Pro PPF & Vinyl, Windows, Wheels, and Interior (Waiting to install)

- Trinity Auto Solutions 10-13" Android Tablet Head Unit (Trying to get ETA on Plug n Play kit for the 19s, otherwise I will go with their universal replacement for the time being)

Later on down the road, I will be upgrading my Suspension when Baja Kits comes out with a Cantilever Rear, and will be welding in Chassis reinforcements. I am also planning on the same Procharger P-1SC-1 Kit offered for the 6.2L under the 14-18 3rd gen when they release a bolt on kit that is compatible with the 19 6.2L engine bay.

As of right now, almost all of my planned modifications to the truck are already purchased and being built, or pending another part's completion for measurements. I am working with aFe Power to bring my truck down to them for R&D as they currently only have a CAI intake option for the 2019 6.2L. My plan is for full header back exhaust, but depending on their planned workload I might be limited to a Cat-Back for the time being. I have already contacted Trinity about info on a Plug n Play tablet with replacement trim bezel, but haven't gotten much back from them in terms of an eta, but it is one of my main priorities, as the factory 8" is the one thing that GM is slacking on in the current market. If it wasn't for Ram's Trim structure of the air suspension being the only option on the new 2019 Limited, I would have gotten a Ram instead.

Anyhow, pictures will be coming in a few days once the Truck arrives, and as we go through the process of wrapping and applying the Ceramic Coating. Next week the build begins!

Congratulations, welcome to the site, and I like your dog, we have 4 of them.

2 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Congratulations, welcome to the site, and I like your dog, we have 4 of them.

He's a bit of a dick at times, but a big derp and uses his cuteness to his advantage a lot.

3 hours ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

Don’t forget a regear if you do 37’s! Lol

Baja Kits CEO has 37s on his and to my knowledge no regear. The new 10 speed is more than enough to my knowledge, if not, I will figure something out!

3 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

You must be single, without kids...… right? 

In all seriousness, congrats on your new T1 and looking forward to checking in on your build! :thumbs:

25, single, no kids, and own my own business(with my brother). Gotta enjoy it while I can :lol:

Edited by Rakkasan_Justin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rakkasan_Justin said:

He's a bit of a dick at times, but a big derp and uses his cuteness to his advantage a lot.

Baja Kits CEO has 37s on his and to my knowledge no regear. The new 10 speed is more than enough to my knowledge, if not, I will figure something out!

25, single, no kids, and own my own business(with my brother). Gotta enjoy it while I can :lol:

Try 4 at once, we have had all of them since there were just puppies (2 Alaskan Huskies and 2 Shilos, cross between Malamutes and German shepherds), they are spoiled and can be a handful. How does he do in the heat?

Edited by JimCost2014

33 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Try 4 at once, we have had all of them since there were just puppies (2 Alaskan Huskies and 2 Shilos, cross between Malamutes and German shepherds), they are spoiled and can be a handful. How does he do in the heat?

He actually does quite well. Indoor dog during the day in the AC, and pool that he loves to lounge on a blow up floatie. He is spoiled beyond belief.

3 minutes ago, Rakkasan_Justin said:

He actually does quite well. Indoor dog during the day in the AC, and pool that he loves to lounge on a blow up mattress. He is spoiled beyond belief.

Ours like water too, not baths, but when it is their own decision to run into a lake or the ocean. They are smart, and will manipulate you every chance they get. Good luck once again with the truck build, and your co pilot! 

Edited by JimCost2014

My truck came in yesterday morning, got to drive her home last night. Black on Black with the Deluxe package and sunroof, only option it's missing is max trailering, and the HD Surround with HUD.

Thanks to spying the incoming shipment and purchasing the truck before it arrived, got them to PDI it without removing any protective wrap or sending it through their auto car wash. Got to unwrap my new truck and hand wash to protect that gorgeous black paint.

More pictures coming soon as I paint correct, wrap it, ceramic coat it, and put on the first set of aftermarket wheels on it. 22s to replace the factory polished wheels until my long travel arrives and offroad wheels/tires.

20190122_173418.jpg

20190122_173449(0).jpg

• Like 5

Onto the first stage of the build!

Today consisted of stripping the truck to prep and start the wrap. Both front bumpers removed, including front grill, head lights & tail lights, de-badged, and side mirrors (Only got driver's off today). I will be posting up a How To for Side mirror removal shortly if there isn't one already here on the forum, but it is extremely easy. The front bumper is a bit of a pain to get off, however using the install instructions off of Addictive Desert Design's website made it very straight forward. Props to them for having their instructions readily available and open sourced.

Also, seeing as my Long Travel suspension and new fenders/bedsides wont be arriving until the end of February, my friends over at Concept One Wheels sent over a set of their CS6 6 Lugs in Matte Black w/ Gloss Black lip for the truck. Specs are 22x9.5" +18, and lets me switch over the factory tires, so I'm not running bright, polished wheels with no other chrome on the vehicle. For anyone interested, I have no need for my factory High Country Polished 22s, and they will be up for sale shortly.

Now, onto pictures!

20190124_111036.jpg

20190124_164251(0).jpg

20190124_164316.jpg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BlueTopaz14 said:

When I saw the color of the wrap I immediately thought of this truck recently done by bajakits lol 4364019ad9192c4b081d4849c539cf74.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wrap color is a few shades darker, and has a hint of brown in the metallic. Also, it's funny that you share that, because I have the same Baja kit on order, as well as the wider fenders and bedsides. 

• Like 1