De-badged and modified emblems on my 2019 High Country

Here is what I did with the emblems and badges on my 2019. I never like where the GM marketing people think badges and emblems should go.

Since the truck is new the adhesive on the letters let go of the paint and stayed on the letters. All I had to do was use a heat gun and a small Flathead screwdriver. Once the letter was hot I carefully put the tip of the screwdriver under the letter and pulled it off the truck with the adhesive intact and then it is ready to be stuck on the truck wherever I want. I used wax & grease remover on the areas where the emblems were moved to. All the other letters I did not use got stuck on a piece of wax paper to save the adhesive in case I want to use them later for something.

I removed the 6.2 L emblems from the hood.

image.thumb.jpeg.ef9d1de1b9a040370eacbe5933fc52eb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8c2579e858471df6038fc5b445d8d7d6.jpeg

Then I removed the high country emblems from the fenders. I took the mountains and placed them in a position where I liked them on the fenders. The bar under the mountains is attached to the letter H so I used a razor knife and chopped the H off. Then I took some silver paint and touched up the end of the bar and placed it under the mountains.

image.thumb.jpeg.7eccba50325ce60fcd7a6d1f89a7f89a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.753b8a20505c417e06b2cbd324e21df0.jpeg

Then I moved to the tailgate. I removed all the emblems and placed the mountains on the lower left. I had to do the same thing with the H, chop the bar off. The 6.2L was then applied to the lower right side. Then I put my business name in chrome GM letters on the middle of the tailgate. I saved a bunch of emblems from GM jobs I have done and was able to spell out BEARD BROTHERS.

image.thumb.jpeg.bc11ee0e417e7ed72b86b7e82214541e.jpeg

Edited by BeardBros
  • Like 5

I got a 6.2 LTZ Z71 on order and really dislike the location the Z71 will be at.  They shortened the engine bay, then in that small space on the fender decided to cram a huge 3D emblem.  I mean not into debadging, usually like the location of the Z71 DECAL on the back bed panel behind the wheel.  

Im just curious how it’ll look, and how odd it’ll be being the only person with the decal in that location.  

I also have have the dealer installing the 2 inch lift, black grille pieces, black handle, mirror covers, window trim, bumpers, and wheel(black 22s though).  But essentially I’ll have a completely loaded down 6.2 LTZ that’s a trail boss.  So also pondering the idea of just putting the trail boss decal back there, but feel like a fraud if I do that.  I just love the look of the trail boss.  

I just ordered the the truck a couple days ago so I got time to ponder

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, obfirefighter22 said:

I got a 6.2 LTZ Z71 on order and really dislike the location the Z71 will be at.  They shortened the engine bay, then in that small space on the fender decided to cram a huge 3D emblem.  I mean not into debadging, usually like the location of the Z71 DECAL on the back bed panel behind the wheel.  

Im just curious how it’ll look, and how odd it’ll be being the only person with the decal in that location.  

I also have have the dealer installing the 2 inch lift, black grille pieces, black handle, mirror covers, window trim, bumpers, and wheel(black 22s though).  But essentially I’ll have a completely loaded down 6.2 LTZ that’s a trail boss.  So also pondering the idea of just putting the trail boss decal back there, but feel like a fraud if I do that.  I just love the look of the trail boss.  

I just ordered the the truck a couple days ago so I got time to ponder

Chevrolet states the Trail Boss option gets you:

Trail Boss Highlights:
  • 2-inch factory suspension lift
  • Z71 Off-Road Package
  • Autotrac® 2-speed transfer case
  • 18-inch Black wheels with Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac Off-Road tires

So I would say if you add all these things instead of the factory its a Trail Boss!

Your rebadged High Country looks good your ideas are pretty cool, unfortunate that Chevy decided to emboss Chevrolet in the back of the truck that's the one that would love the living hell out of me. Thank God they didn't decide to paint the inside of that lettering so it's not that noticeable

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone, I manufacture ABS Plastic lettering for a LARGE variety of cars and truck tailgates and have a request. I know the new high country grills have the words “High Country” embosses in them and want to make some letters that go inside this space to make it pop! Can I ask anyone for help to take some close up photos with a ruler so i can make this happen?

6BDEDEEC-21C6-4CDE-A889-3DC1BFE297C1.jpeg

On 1/20/2019 at 10:50 AM, KJS Sullivan said:

Your rebadged High Country looks good your ideas are pretty cool, unfortunate that Chevy decided to emboss Chevrolet in the back of the truck that's the one that would love the living hell out of me. Thank God they didn't decide to paint the inside of that lettering so it's not that noticeable

Your spot on with the huge embossed Chevrolet on the tailgate.  Anyone know if the the standard Sierra Tailgate (non multi-pro) would fit on a Silverado?

7 hours ago, Sotally Tober said:

Your spot on with the huge embossed Chevrolet on the tailgate.  Anyone know if the the standard Sierra Tailgate (non multi-pro) would fit on a Silverado?

If you want any pics or measurements, let me know. Bed should be the same for all Sierras regardless of which tailgate. Just not sure if there’s a difference between Silverado & Sierra beds.

• Thanks 1

On 9/8/2019 at 10:43 PM, NCD said:

Air Designs offers a “tailgate appliqué” that hides the Chevy letters. Not sure how people here will feel about it being it kind of (exactly) resembles a ford tailgate. But it does hide the lettering none the less. 

here is a link 

https://airdesignusa.com/2019-silverado-tailgate-applique-satin-black.html

I already had it on my wish list!

Screenshot_20190903-200620_Chrome.jpg

Hello everyone, I manufacture ABS Plastic lettering for a LARGE variety of cars and truck tailgates and have a request. I know the new high country grills have the words “High Country” embosses in them and want to make some letters that go inside this space to make it pop! Can I ask anyone for help to take some close up photos with a ruler so i can make this happen?

6BDEDEEC-21C6-4CDE-A889-3DC1BFE297C1.thumb.jpeg.136ad7a302a0dae868b9644f42c4071a.jpeg

I had my wife make some Z71 decals for mine

ae29160d9ad7486139cd6d3f1dd9b1bb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 2 weeks later...